Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sl and K9- I have a 15 year old daughter as well- so can relate to that! Going on day 4 again- hope I can make this stick- last night I ran up to the mall to get a new computer -the other one just died- I swear they must put some self destructive devise in them right at the one year warranty mark... That got me home home around 7pm-past drinking hour- and was able to make dinner totally sober, watch Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef then off to bed.
    Boozer- Sounds like you and I have the same witching hour- and distracting ourselves from that is a good idea- so this evening I plan on taking a walk at 5pm-push myself past that drinking hour.
    Hey SL and Prairie- I've been having my fair share of disagreements with my husband as well-won't get into details because they are petty compared to yours- but, there definitely needs some better Karma flowing- it doesn't make me want to drink, though- I usually tend to drink if I am bored and have nothing to do- something I think I created just to drink- if that makes sense- 5 pm- turn on the tv and the gin....
    Hello- to G, Patrice, and others...
    Mr. G- We need more romance news on your end- have you found a woman that likes a good steak?
    Off to work...it wouldn't be so bad if they paid me more....
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

SL - I don't mean to scare you with the 15 year old comment...LOL. I do thoroughly enjoy my daughter and we actually LIKE each other....imagine that! She's a good kid with a great heart, yeah, we have our moments where we need to go to separate rooms, but hey, her hormones are working overtime and I'm just crazy, so it happens. :H Oh, and the poochie is doing great! It's amazing what $500 can do! HA

Fluff - I agree that they put some sort of timer into electronics that makes them break 2 minutes AFTER the warranty expires! Glad you got a new computer though! I have a laptop at home, but I never get to use it...in fact I haven't seen it in weeks! I'm holding out for an iPad, but that may take a loooong time!

So G-Man...we need to come up with a new plan of attack for spinach/brocolli lady. Like Fluff said, did you notice her eating any meat? We may need to head a new direction. LOL Personally I think the wax and thong combo is more than enough to reel her in, the food is just a bonus!

Okay peeps, let's all have a GREEN day okay? Can ya'll believe I'm on day 16 of no smokes...gulp...that's SIXTEEN...Yikes...I can't believe it! I feel good and I can breathe again!

Be back later

xoxo
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Morning y'all from downunder,

Glad your pooch is better Niner, and big BRAVO on 16 days off the fags!

There is a great post/list by member one2many called something like '150 things to do instead of drinking' probably posted in General discussion area over a year ago now i think. I tried to find it but my search function froze. Worth a look for y'all with witching hour scenario's. Let's hope my search function doesn't freeze this weekend if spinach woman appears. If search systems are kept lubed up and functional, locking onto and engaging target shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure she is a meat eater.

Anyone seen LillyE around? Hope all's well Lilly.

Take care everyone.

Yo fruity, where's my freakin bagel?!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Green day here. Hello to Cinders & Fluff dropping by. Fluff I like your avatar, and it's green
          Hope everyone else here having a happy sober evening/day. Night all.
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Night FF.

Cool stuff on greenery.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;1376781 wrote: Let's hope my search function doesn't freeze this weekend if spinach woman appears. If search systems are kept lubed up and functional, locking onto and engaging target shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure she is a meat eater.
              :blush: :H
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

green today to - bad bad day thought. need tissues...
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Boozer - cut and fertilize the lawn and wash a car - not my definition of a little job!!
                  Well done fluff, hard to be starting all over again, but i am looking at total days in a month - so the 4 days will really add into the total!
                  K9 - yup another green day!
                  Evening FF, G and PF - sorry a tough day PF....

I wanted to share my day as it has been tissues too.
                  I went for a walk this morning with the dog - I have a bad habit of neckying into peoples gardens and windows - I passed this house where there was a old lady, sitting in a lounger chair with a knitted hat on her head - this was at about 7am, and she had a bottle of wine held up to her mouth and by the angle of it, it was pretty much gone. I felt so very bad for her, there were two cars in good condition in the drive, one with a high school sticker. Apart from feeling so bad for her, all I could think of was that could be me one day - I thought of you all here, shed a few tears (which I have been doing on and off all day) and had further resolve to kick this....I find this so sad, but it was really eyeopening....
                  I am still torn as to what to do about her, which is probably not much as I can't really think what I could do.....so very unsettling.....
                  stay stong all my friends - the options are not good at all...
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

scottish lass;1376908 wrote: Boozer - cut and fertilize the lawn and wash a car - not my definition of a little job!!
                    Well done fluff, hard to be starting all over again, but i am looking at total days in a month - so the 4 days will really add into the total!
                    K9 - yup another green day!
                    Evening FF, G and PF - sorry a tough day PF....

I wanted to share my day as it has been tissues too.
                    I went for a walk this morning with the dog - I have a bad habit of neckying into peoples gardens and windows - I passed this house where there was a old lady, sitting in a lounger chair with a knitted hat on her head - this was at about 7am, and she had a bottle of wine held up to her mouth and by the angle of it, it was pretty much gone. I felt so very bad for her, there were two cars in good condition in the drive, one with a high school sticker. Apart from feeling so bad for her, all I could think of was that could be me one day - I thought of you all here, shed a few tears (which I have been doing on and off all day) and had further resolve to kick this....I find this so sad, but it was really eyeopening....
                    I am still torn as to what to do about her, which is probably not much as I can't really think what I could do.....so very unsettling.....
                    stay stong all my friends - the options are not good at all...
                    Hi all,

PF, you okay?

Any of us could easily end up where that woman is now, SL, and many of us have already been her, at least i have, and it is sad. It is no way to live, and we don't have to live that way, but it is an easy path for many of us, and me, and a path that i have already forged, so i can go back there too easily. But i won't, because i truly don't want to. I choose to live, not just exist.

Happy hump day and eat yer greens everyone!

Comment

Hi PF- Hope you are feeling better, today- tears for 9/11 or was it something else?
                      SL- sad that people end up like that- but she had a home instead of being under a bridge somewhere.
                      FF- My avatar is really me...
                      K-9- keep up the good work on not smoking!
                      Boozer- You really are keeping yourself occupied! I just let the rain wash my car.
                      Day 5- and just woke up from a really deep sleep with crazy dreams- so drinking my second cup of joe and about to get ready for work. Ugh. Wish it was Saturday already.
                      Taking my daughter to volleyball tonight 7 to 8:30- very helpful hours to stave off drinking time.
                      Have a good day all!
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hiya Fluff,

Congratulations on day 5! That's a great achievement and you'll soon have 7 days up. Just rinse and repeat. It's that easy isn't it?

Have a great day. Being booze free and taking daily action doing it is something to be very proud of, and grateful for i reckon.

Comment

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SUCCEED

Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility.
                          Your life to a large extent is what you make of it.
                          Nothing will happen by itself.
                          It will all come your way once you understand
                          That you have to make it come your way.

Choose the thoughts and actions that will lead you to success.
                          Nobody can do it for you.
                          Only you can make it happen.
                          You're the only one that has to live your life.

The day you take complete responsibility for yourself,
                          the day you stop making excuses,
                          that's the day you start on the road to success.

You have the power to succeed at anything.
                          The power to fulfill your dreams is within you.

?2005 by Max Steingart
                          Reproduce freely but maintain ? notice

Comment

Hello G, thanks for that one. I'm going to print it and give it to my son who's struggling mightily right now.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Dill,

Good to see you. Sending positive vibes your way. I'm sure your son will find his way. :l

Comment

Hey -

Not so much. I'm hanging in. This whole adjusting to the rawness of life, emotions, nerves - trying to sort relationships all jumbled up from AL - is confusing and stressful and GAHHHHHHH

I want to leave everything in peace and not tweak at things and then something will happen and I air it out. Because yesterday had to be aired out - but now it's all gummed up again...

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why don't we have a primal scream into a pillow icon?

But I TTDP so I'm in no danger of F'ing it up with a drink. There is that...
                                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X