Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

PF - I'm proud of you for continuing to TTDP! You are determined not to drink and that is awesome. Sorry you're having a rough couple of days...they WILL get better, you have to believe that!

Fluff - If that is you in your avatar, you are so dang cute, I want to snuggle you! :l

G-Man - When is your next possible encounter with SBM (spinach/brocolli/meat) Lady? I am still working on plan of attack for you, but I need to know when my deadline is. LOL

Here's to another GREEN DAY....smoke free/alcohol free!

xoxo
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I believe my days would NOT be better if I drank.

I believe I have to learn to deal with all these emotions - raw and unfiltered as they are.

And I am committed to this quit. So I'm not going to drink. That simple.

But man - reading about the rawness of emotions after being numb with AL does not really transmit the intensity of this. It doesn't.
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

fluff;1377055 wrote: FF- My avatar is really me...
        That makes you a very gorgeous green fluffly thing with very BIG eyes. Aaaw kinda cute
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi Everyone, just checking in. I don't think I will get the hang of posting daily, but I will shoot for a couple times a week.

PF, sorry to hear you are feeling crummy. I agree it is really hard to deal with the raw emotions sometimes - my mind automatically goes to alcohol, but it's just a thought and it goes away. Your resolve sounds very strong, you WILL get through it all and the other side will be better.

SL, I feel so very sad for that woman. Just imagine all of the people out there that are dealing with life the same way. I am grateful that I am finding a way to divert myself from that.

I'm off for a weekend getaway, the weather should be nice and I'm looking forward to it - I wasn't able to get away all summer so this is my opportunity to get some sun before the cold weather comes.
          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1377210 wrote: I believe my days would NOT be better if I drank.

I believe I have to learn to deal with all these emotions - raw and unfiltered as they are.

And I am committed to this quit. So I'm not going to drink. That simple.

But man - reading about the rawness of emotions after being numb with AL does not really transmit the intensity of this. It doesn't.

Hi Honey,
            Sending hugs, :l

And one of my favorite lines from Postcards From the Edge after
            Meryl Streep' s character comes out of rehab: "I'm so happy" she says, " That I can be hyper- conscious for this series of humiliations..."

I feel like that a lot ...
            :h
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

WAKE UP EVERYONE!

Just checking in to say HI and see how you're all doing! Nothing exciting to report today. Maybe I'll make some stuff up and come back later. HA

Make it a GREEN day people!

K9

Comment

I've done it again. No words, just messed up. Thinking best to go AWOL for a bit and try and rack up the 30 days and then come back. Thanks to those who've been so supportive. I will do this, and I do truly believe that. Just fed up of posting failures. Be in touch when I've cracked it. Be well all.
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FreeFly;1377634 wrote: I've done it again. No words, just messed up. Thinking best to go AWOL for a bit and try and rack up the 30 days and then come back. Thanks to those who've been so supportive. I will do this, and I do truly believe that. Just fed up of posting failures. Be in touch when I've cracked it. Be well all.
                  Please don't leave! In my opinion that is the worst thing you can do. Even if you come back here EVERY DAY and say that you have messed, please just keep coming!!! I've seen too many people that distance themselves and we never hear from them again....please don't let that happen to you! I'd really hate to lose you :upset:

xoxo
                  K9

Comment

[QUOTE=
                    We are all an arms length away from picking up that drink - truly - whether we are sober a day, a year or 20 years - that's the nature of our disease. Don't try and 'do it on your own' - you don't have to:l
                    Molly xx
                    Freefly, please don't stop coming here because of a slip. Of course you are disappointed and down, but isn't this the point of this forum. People slip because we are human. You are learning a new skill, it takes time, and sometimes mistakes.

Add up in your mind all the alcohol you DID NOT consume since AF, that is your sobriety bar tab.

I think a lot of people get disheartened because they thought they were GOING BACK to their old self before problems with alcohol, but it is not like that. You can never be that old person again, you are someone else now,whether you like it or not. The recovered you is someone completely new, if you were to return to the old you then you would drink again! Capiche?

As some here know I love analogies so I imagine this like learning a totally new skill like, say,ice skating. You wouldn't expect to get on the ice first time and be winning an Olympic gold next year. Some people starting with you are better at it than you, but most will slip and fall at some point. Others may not fall but will have to grab on to someone tight to stop themselves falling.

And us novices will watch the skilled skaters and envy them their skill and want to be them. But remember Freefly, they have put in years of hard work and practice and they too had many a fall at the beginning

The kind and giving ones like K9, Lav and many others give their time to keep coming to the rink and helping and teaching, supporting and picking us newbies up off our arses.

Leaving now means you are trying to practice alone. Hey that might work out but you run the risk of getting frustrated and feeling very lonely. If you could have done this alone then surely you would not have been here in the first place.

And lastly Freefly, if you stop coming, there will be one less person to pick ME up if I slip on my arse. I and others NEED to see you get back up cos it gives us all hope.

KY. :l:l:l:l:l

Comment

FREEFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeeeeeeeee Fllllllyyyyyyyyyy, I've barely been posting and reading because I've been so damn busy (HI ALL) but I had to post when I saw this. I echo what everyone has said. Please don't go. I have said this many times but it took me a YEAR of fails to get to even 30 days. Now I am on Day 75 (whoo!) but I know I could relapse again. And if I did, and I slunk away from here, it could be months or YEARS before I even tried again. I don't think isolating yourself from support will help. I also think it is the opposite of what you need. I think you need to share how you're feeling, where you think you keep going wrong, what needs to change and get support and advice to keep going. I think this is the post drinking blues talking where you feel those evil GSR (guilt, shame and remorse) fellas battering you. Apart from anything else, it can be helpful to look back at what you've written during these time the next time you feel like drinking.

Your posts have helped me here and others. I hope you'll stay around and let us keep helping you. :l :h

To everyone else, sorry I haven't been around. Lots going on. All good but I'm a bit under the pump with various deadlines. I will be back. For one thing, I need Spinach Lady updates G...

Also, KY, thanks for the great supplements PM - much appreciated and sorry I haven't written back to say so. I have follow up questions at some stage. Also, I laughed out loud when someone on Monthly talked about 'KY Down Under'. Bahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Comment

K9, I've also missed how the not smoking is going? I hope you're still hanging tough? I am coming up to 18 months and was just talking to a friend yesterday about how wonderful it is to be free and how I never, ever miss it. And I REALLY struggled to quit BIG TIME. So please keep going. It is so, so, so worth it. But like drinking, the only trick is NO NICOTINE - EVER!! Zip. Nada. Zilch. And then one day you will be free and you will be sooooo happy.

Comment

FreeFly;1377634 wrote: I've done it again. No words, just messed up. Thinking best to go AWOL for a bit and try and rack up the 30 days and then come back. Thanks to those who've been so supportive. I will do this, and I do truly believe that. Just fed up of posting failures. Be in touch when I've cracked it. Be well all.
                          Freefly,

Get yer honky, red, brown, orange, or green ass right back here.

Like the others have said, you don't have to do this alone, and right now is an important time to use the support here, and anywhere else you might have it. We know how demoralising this can be for us, to relapse time and time again, but for me, i had to remove my ego. My ego had to leave the room, so i could come here and reach out, or if not reach out, at least stick around here and be a part of this community. I know that feeling of shooting my mouth off that i'm finally sober, and punching the air/high 5's only to get back on the sauce the next day. You only have to read my earlier posts on this thread to see this. It is quite embarrassing, but for me now, i know no shame, no ego, no fanfare, i just keep getting back up, pull apart why and where i stuffed up, ask myself what i want, and if it is sobriety (which it is), then i work out how i am going to go for it in a way i can handle, and get on with the job, whether it's day 1 or day 50.

Take care of yourself mate, and hope to see you back here real soon.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya Lilly!

Was wondering how you were. Wow 75 days! Bravo buddy!

SBM lady update for you, Niner, and anyone else not getting any action :H (Just JOKING!)

I don't know when she will re-appear. I have a gig tonight and tomorrow night, and tonights gig is where i saw her last about 2/3 weeks ago, so she may well roll up tonight. (in appx 10 hrs from now Niner)

Off out into the day for a run. Take care y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

FF - don't go - please. I need you, and eaveryone else here. I fell hard in January after 66 days and chose to not come back until i could reach something - I would sneak in from time to time but would skulk away with my tail between my legs, I am not doing great this time, and still not getting a good run of days in, but in August I managed 20 days out of 31 - and that made me feel good. NOTE - it took me from January to August to really get my head on straight - and I did not do it - folks here did it for me. And there are only some threads that I feel comfortable on. I can almost be sure (don't have the data to prove it :H) but the days where I have slipped are days where I have not checked it here - I may have lurked a little, but checking in I truly believe is one of the very biggest reasons that I have any AF days at all....
                              It is 5:15pm on a Thursday - and I know why I am here now....if I wasn't I would be in my car to pick up milk, OJ and other stuff I don't need from the lovely little store down the road taht sells excellent wine, and I can't buy one bottle - that just looks weird, and while I am at it, it is Friday tomorrow, then......and on and on and on - so I am here.
                              So FF - get you butt back in here and sing the green song with us!!!:l
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hey G - yup, one of those no actioners hoping to live vicariosly thru you - so go and get some action going tonight - or we might have to restort to fifty shades of grey - and you are much more entertaining I am sure! Good Luck G bloke!!
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X