Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet achiever mode this month - LOVE IT!!! Thanks G, that is just what it will be!!
    Day 5 today....easing in nicely, glad to have the company too..
    Hi Clear Eyes, hows things?
    Hey Patrice....
    Happy hump day to all who sign in (no naughtiness intended!!)

Octobers Quiet Achievers rock!!:l:l
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

One quiet achiever checking in. Hope you're all ok
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi SL, FF, and everyone,

Thursday evening here.

Quiet achiever hitting the hay. Long weekend for me. Yeaah!

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A quiet achiever checkin in on Day 6 - just have to get thru tomorrow and I think I could be on a roll. Fridays have been my slipping point for last few (or more than a few) weeks, so need to be sure that I can get thru Friday. I have lots of busy plans for the weekend, nothing fun, cleaning garage and organising, I am on call for work this weekend, so can't have too much fun - just have to get thru Friday....
          have a good one all!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Scotlass, good on you, you quiet achiever!!!!! Looks like you and I will be doing the same thing on Saturday - I have been threatening to attack my garage for months now, so weather permitting, Saturday is the day. It is full of stuff that needs sorting.
            It's good you are on call this weekend; should help a little. And, you can still have fun! Put on some good music and boogie your way through that garage clearout; will be thinking of you......
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hey SL, Daisy and a' the other bodies aboot here.

Quietly drifting into 18 days AF here. SL - will be thinking of you tomorrow. You can get through Friday. Tell you what - if you get through Friday i promise to do my top-most, utmost, damnedest-most to get through Saturday.... which i am quietly apprehensive of. I'll be at work (i.e in the venue that is my workplace - it's an arts centre, with bar... somebody could have this AF journey a little easier) and the booze, come 6pm will be flowing free and freely...and the night wont end until 11pm... 12pm... ish. There'll be a cohort of artists and friends and musicians and actors and weird ones and wired ones and merriment and laughter and fun and frolicking and... I'm really not looking forward to it so much as i would like to stay sober.

It will be an experience.

Have fun with the garage clear outs - what about an MWO garage/car boot sale?!?!

Comment

Hi SL, Daisy, RC and all to come,

Great stuff on 6 days Lass. Keeping busy and distracted will help you through the weekend. Having the reasons why we are giving away the booze printed on the inside of our foreheads can help too.

Enjoy your weekend Daisy. I wonder what you'll find rummaging through everything?

RC, I'm a musician and like you, my workplace is a bar! It can be very tough in the beginning. I'm totally okay in bars now, in fact, i love going out and getting amongst it all. The only thing i make sure i have organised though, is an exit plan. I arrive as late as possible, and leave as soon as possible if i'm feeling anxious. I make sure i have my own transport arranged so i have some control. I know it's difficult when we work in the entertainment/arts fields at first. Can you get yourself out of there a.s.a.p. and safely home when your shift finishes? Enjoy yourself if you can, and be proud of your sober time so far. There are sure to be some interesting sober people there. You will awake next day fresh and proud of yourself, with a very good recollection of the highlights.

Take care everyone

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

RunningCourage;1385893 wrote: Morning pages - that reminds me of doing 'The Artists Way' - don't know if this is something you've done Audrey? I used to do it, and write for 45mins every morning, a train-of-thought-SPLURGE, and it was useful. I haven't done it in a while. But perhaps, with joining this community and starting this journey, I might.

For those interested The Artists Way link: Julia Cameron Live

Happy Tuesday

RC
                  Hello RC!!!

Thanks a lot for a link!!! About "Morning pages" i read years ago in British magazin "Psychologies' which i like very much and recommend to everybody. I just started to write (not every morning of course) and my first MP are dated by autumn 2007. Very intense and interesting and sad for me too - my problem with AL starts and i don' t like it but still everything was under control...In mean time i found many interesting themes for short stories, miniatures etc.
                  When i was young i was quite good writing poetry than i stopped..my daughter is young poet too but she' s more determined and has more self-esteem. Anyway i' m always her 1st critic and she always listens to me because i'm very honest with likes and dislikes and sound of language (my native language, in English i don' t think so i ever be able to write creative..)
                  The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                  /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Just quick hello to everybody!!!

Very sleepy, tired but happy - 10 AF days!!!

I have back my toughts, feelings, my face - eyes, glowing skin, cheekbones, no puffiness in the morning

Yesterday and before felt very depressed because of my health issues - i don' t know - kidneys or ovaries or something else. Had pain, dizziness, weakness..Maybe i exaggareted with fitness i don' t know - running and fast walking..
                    Bought Australian yoga journal and found special asanas from Kundalini yoga for womens hormonal balance - did it today, will see results tomorrow but i already feel better
                    Did shopping tonight - late friday night in Adelaide..smelled red wine on the street - people enjoy time..I spoiled myself with early dinner at sushi bar and green tea..

Every night i drink..in my dreams but subconcious mind is trained - even in dreams i have fear of drinking, one night i even had tought - oh i'm drinking - what i 'll write in mwo???:H I felt so good in the morning - that' s just a dream!!!

Good night!!!

Comment

I always envy people who have some type of journal - it's something I have tried but can't stick to it. Even just writing down whatever comes to mind - my thoughts don't seem to come in the form of words, lol. That's probably why I'm not much of a talker, or a MWO poster.

But I do like to read here, every day.

Shout outs to everyone, have a good weekend!
                      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Guitarista;1387530 wrote:

RC, I'm a musician and like you, my workplace is a bar! It can be very tough in the beginning. I'm totally okay in bars now, in fact, i love going out and getting amongst it all. The only thing i make sure i have organised though, is an exit plan. I arrive as late as possible, and leave as soon as possible if i'm feeling anxious. I make sure i have my own transport arranged so i have some control. I know it's difficult when we work in the entertainment/arts fields at first. Can you get yourself out of there a.s.a.p. and safely home when your shift finishes? Enjoy yourself if you can, and be proud of your sober time so far. There are sure to be some interesting sober people there. You will awake next day fresh and proud of yourself, with a very good recollection of the highlights.
                        Thank you Mr G. Gonna take some of that advice. I can't arrive late as I need to be at work at 9.30am tomorrow morning, but my exit doesn't have to be 15hours later. Also, as i'll have the motor - that can be an excuse also (though folks always say "leave the car, get the bus, chill out for a night"). Importantly, i will try to have a good time. The band i've seen before, and i say this in all honesty, they are probably the only band i have ever seen that i really felt AL was unnecessary to get up and dance and enjoy them.

Looking forward to a rested, pain-free Sunday morning... and maybe even a wee run

Comment

pixie;1387935 wrote: I always envy people who have some type of journal - it's something I have tried but can't stick to it. Even just writing down whatever comes to mind - my thoughts don't seem to come in the form of words, lol. That's probably why I'm not much of a talker, or a MWO poster.

Hi Pixie and Audrey... I wish i was, or had time to, write creatively. Just now I don't at all. I do think it's a great way to work things out. Often i read here on MWO how people speak of how they sometimes feel they are just rambling in a post but in fact are making discoveries about themselves, their thoughts, ideas, opinions as they write. I think that's very true.

Pixie - what form do your thoughts come in? I know a number of visual artists who think in pictures. And have met folks who's senses make them think and imagine in different ways (they 'see' smells, or 'smell' colours etc). Just shows how subtly complex and different we all are.

Comment

Hello, G, Patrice, SL, KY, Daisy, Audrey, Pixie, RC and all

You all sound good and that makes me happy.

Just feeling a little removed from MWO right now. Not sure if it's recent stuff knocking about or just me. Will check in again when feeling more positive.

Good sober weekend to all x
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

pixie;1387935 wrote: I always envy people who have some type of journal - it's something I have tried but can't stick to it. Even just writing down whatever comes to mind - my thoughts don't seem to come in the form of words, lol. That's probably why I'm not much of a talker, or a MWO poster.

Hello Pixie!!!

I post in MWO not so often too because i have to make "inside translation" in English
                              But!!! I read in "Psychologies" (August 2012) that
                              "researchers have found that using a foreign language helps us think more anallytically, meaning we are less likely to make snap judgments. We discovered that using a roreign language reduces decision-making biases'
                              " ..they concluded that thinking in a second language creates some distance from automatic, emotional thought processes."

I don' t know English so well (it' s my 4th language) so i can' t play easily with words...but who knows..if i' ll stay in Australia and find some good English teacher..
                              My HB is technical person with veeery aussie sleng and bad pronontiation..I'm still asking him - pls speak English!!!!:H

About Morning pages - i write in my native Latvian but it's more hard than in English..to much emotions..if you want to get out some benefit from this process you have to be extremely honest to yourself..it' s painful..
                              Another my problem - i like to write "NICE", like literature, like poem..Morning pages work when you don' t think about art but sometimes you can make art..

Comment

Hiya Audrey, FF, Pixie, RC and all to come,

Don't let other peoples perceptions bother you FF, if that's what's worrying you. Of course, we can't control what others think and say, but we can control how we react/respond. I just throw myself into doing stuff i love, and other trivia soon disappears. Hope you're not physically unwell?

Happy writing Audrey, and this must be day 11 for you. Bravo friend! Keep it going and take back your precious life.

Here's an interview another member posted recently which some might find interesting. This doc makes sense to me. 27 mins long.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-FAX4Pz8I&feature=related[/video]]Dr. Gabor Mate on how addiction changes the brain - full sho - YouTube

Enjoy your saturday at work RC!

Comment

Working...
                                X