Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Irie - how the heck are you???? Good to see you here.....
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

A quick hello to all my buds after a long day at work. It was an affirming day, and I've been carrying some positive tidbits with me all evening.

G, I'm so glad you checked in. I was afraid you wouldn't return--really. Silly, but I was scared. It's a childhood thing...

Everyone keep plugging along. Will write more when not so spent.

Day 12, btw.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me back all! It is funny how at times one of us is very strong and one falls. Then it seems the one that falls becomes strong...get what I mean. Need to stop the cycle. But as you said SL the more days we don't drink the better we are. Need to remember that.

So good to see so many of you FF, DB, Mr. G., Nora, Audrey, Juju and Irie. During my absence I have lurked to see how all had been doing.

Made it through day 2. I am extremely exhausted. Two late days at work so am going to go wash my face and hit the hay. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Comment

This is a slow moving thread! I like it! I can think fast enough to keep up with this one. hahaha......... I hope everyone is having a great day. Day 12 for me. I've had a couple days that were rough; the voices were loud, but I'm doing OK.

Sobriety & blessings to all my buds! Talk to you later!

Comment

I'm with you, DB. Whew, it was a close one this evening. I wanted a glass ofchilled chardonnay so badly I could hardly bear it. I kept telling myself that it was only a craving, and it would pass. It did, but now I feel depressed. Hm-m-m, perhaps it was the thought of never being able to drink again that made me sad. Oh well, adjustments will have to be made if I'm to be successful.

G, tell us how your move is going. Will you have nicer digs in upscale neighborhood, rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, or will you be sharing a mattress on the floor with another musician? What's the scoop, my man?

Hope everyone is doing well.
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello girls and boy(s)!! Probably we have only M G., others are scared...:H But he' s privileged to have harem

Day 7 for me..
              Yestarday i was very close to drink..not because my HB was drunk but he has talent to make me crazy with verbal abuse..i can' t stand it, he' s following me everywhere..i hit him in a face, broke remot control, mug, phone..So, it seems that I'M VIOLENT...

I just hate his sreaming..
              When i drink i can stand him..when i'm sober and he drink - I CAN' T..

During the day i was the calmest person in the world..i have here nobody- no friends to whom i can come in the middle of the night (yes, i have some, but they are new and i'm embarassed), no relatives, nobody..yes, my HB father is living in neighbourhood but 1. once he said, that he doesn' t want to be involved in domestic problems 2. he' s alcoholic too..

I was going to call police but PHYSICALLY he isn' t violent..what can i say them..
              Once neighbours called police when he accidentally hit my nose..it was blood and i was so scared that i screamed a lot..to get records of police isn' t really nice..

Now probably our next to door tough lady thinks that screaming and yelling, sounds of broken dishes are our daily routine and probably i'm italian..i am but only 1/8 part:H and he' s just a crazy drunken aussie bloke..what a marvelous neighbours we are...

I have white roses as appologie but i' d rather would like to have my nerves not broken..
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hi Audrey, little concerned about your post sweetie. Are you ok? Silly question, but is HB aware of his behaviour? I may be wrong but I think I remember saying you met him on MWO? Just wondering if he'd be willing to try a forum again, if he's not already. You sound a little isolated.

Well done Juja & DB on resisting the urges - 12 days awesome!

Seems I have some sort of computer virus - boohoo! Total technophobe this end and don't know what to do. Almost impossible to do anything (takes about an hour!). I need Techie!!

Anyway, if I go AWOL I'm not down a bottle - just shut out :-(
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi Free fly, we haven't chatted for a while. Will PM soon, before the weekend anyway.:h

Comment

Free Fly> I'm very happy to see you. I was a bit worried. Thought maybe you'd done a bunk on us.:H (You taught me that word, remember?):H

Audrey> I'm concerned about you, too, and was waiting for someone with more wisdom to respond, thus Free Fly. As you know, verbal abuse can escalate to physical abuse. I don't know what your options for help in AU are, but you and HB need some. Perhaps an Underoo can offer some advice. My nerves would be fried, too. Do take care.

Morning, everyone else. Off in a bit for mani and pedi, and fat pants. It will be a bit of a splurge day, but I can wring the last bit out of the bank account before the end of the month.:yay:

:lipstick:

Comment

Hi Freefly!! Yes, dear friend, you have perfect memory - i met my HB in mwo..we started to write each other sms, skype, phone calls, first trip to Australia and here i am..Dreamland is over, reality is different..he's not a bad man and he cares about me but when he drinks he becomes stupid..and i never lived together with alcoholic (exept my step-father, but he was not drinking every day and probably wasn' t real alcoholic, who knows..)

Yes, i need some advice and to deal with this situation because my HB isn' t convinced to stop drinking. He thinks that he' s quite ok because he manages to go to work and during working days have only 6 beers per night or less. Than comes weekend and 6 beers escalates more and more and that' s why we don' t go out..i like movies, concerts, events, beach..typical avarage aussie style - sit in backyard and drink..if i'm sober or a bit drank i walk alone in the city, sometimes go to the cinema..sad..
                      I'm going to write a new thread, i really need some advice and help.
                      Today he was nice and didn' t drink - i hide his left beer
                      7 AF days completed!!! Calmness, hubby/bubby is calm too, thankfully

Take care!!!!

Comment

Checking in on day 4. Glad things are better Audrey. Boy did I have a blue day. Don't know if it is work or not drinking but the tears did flow.

Comment

Hello Clear eyes!!

Glad for your 4 Days and sorry for Blue day, but don' t worry about it!! Tears are always a part of therapy, new or old hidden emotions, beeing alive, regret etc. They are good, believe me. I remeber once long time ago what my therapist told me when i complained that i have to much emotions, they' re to intense etc., etc.: "M., you know, many of people in this world would envy you because EMOTIONS you cannot buy, you cannot obtain them, you cannot learn them...it' s your unique beeing, your history, your expierience, your soul and mind...
                          Only the problem is how to use your emotions as much efficient possible.

I have every single day (when i don' t drink) some moments of sadness and pain, some moments when really i want to cry, but it' s nothing bad, it' s just a sign that you' re alive.
                          Yes, probably some people don' t expierience such moments, but it' s nothing bad too, they are just different - different mentality, history, expierience, psychology etc.

In Blue days be very tender to yourself..sometimes a good comedy can help to cheer you up, sometimes it' s not really your cup of tea..don' t force yourself to be cheerful..sadness needs her time too..

i'm on Day 8

Comment

QUOTE=clear eyes;1399571]Checking in on day 4. Glad things are better Audrey. Boy did I have a blue day. Don't know if it is work or not drinking but the tears did flow.
                            Must be something in the air... Maybe it's not AL, but the change of seasons.
                            The blues abound.

:groupluv:

Comment

Hello all. Congratulations on racking up all those AF days. I'm on Day 6. Of course, I was having those thoughts again about stopping my antabuse. I need to stay with it this time. I want to get a longer period under my belt this time.
                              Take care all. Wonderful to have you all this support here. :h
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Juja;1399617 wrote: QUOTE=clear eyes;1399571]Checking in on day 4. Glad things are better Audrey. Boy did I have a blue day. Don't know if it is work or not drinking but the tears did flow.
                                Must be something in the air... Maybe it's not AL, but the change of seasons.
                                The blues abound.

:groupluv:
                                There's a full moon on Monday, which some say affects folks' emotions...

Which my ol' drinking buddy used to tell me was a good night NOT to drink and just observe the melancholic car-crash that was the effects of booze and a full moon upon us little earth people.

But only if you believe that sort of stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X