Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juja, I hope you and all those in Sandy's wake stay safe :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks, FF. We came through unscathed and were very, very lucky, considering the states north, south, east and west of us. We were safe in our part of the Shenandoah Valley. My heart breaks for New York and New Jersey.

First, Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, and now Sandy.

Does the UK ever get severe weather like we do? Just curious.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Has this thread died??? I used to really enjoy visiting here, and will miss it - not sure whether we should try to resurrect it or if folks are happy in other places??
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I hope this thread doesn't die. Sorry I haven't checked in. How is everyone doing???
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I hope it doesn't die too. Nice to see you Lassie & Nora :h
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Nice to see you too!! How is it going? I'm on around day 17. Just taking it a day at a time. Trying to get some solid AF time down. Some days are rougher than others.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I agree it has been slow. Think I posted that last week or so. This has always been my favorite thread. I think that maybe some are struggling so not posting. We all seem to come and go. I know my good weeks posting and clean are not others.

Comment

Let's keep it alive! I do like this thread also. Sorry i've not been about too, been running into other threads.

How's you Mr G?

Comment

Hi y'all!

All good here thanks RC. Middle of moving house, so busy, but will be done by monday. What's been new and exciting for me is I'm putting together my own band, and after 3 plays together, it's starting to gel, and the other guys are enjoying it and keen to continue. Yeehaw! Sort of blues/roots/rock/psychedelic music. Gig in december hopefully. It's great fun and an opportunity to 'cut loose' on the geetar a little. hehe.

Take care everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi G..... Long time no see. Good luck with the move and the band. Onwards and upwards my friend

Comment

kuya;1406629 wrote: Hi G..... Long time no see. Good luck with the move and the band. Onwards and upwards my friend
                        Thanks Kuya. Good to see you.

Best wishes to our American friends affected by Sandy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1406626 wrote: Hi y'all!

All good here thanks RC. Middle of moving house, so busy, but will be done by monday. What's been new and exciting for me is I'm putting together my own band, and after 3 plays together, it's starting to gel, and the other guys are enjoying it and keen to continue. Yeehaw! Sort of blues/roots/rock/psychedelic music. Gig in december hopefully. It's great fun and an opportunity to 'cut loose' on the geetar a little. hehe.

Take care everyone.
                          That sounds absolutely fantastic! What an exciting time for you.

When things slow down for you, please post a youtube/psychedelic song you'll perform. Dang, I haven't heard that word in years. Interesting. Please tell me it's not innagodadavida.......:H
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Yahoo! So glad to see everyone coming back!
                            Well done on your days Nora - way to go!
                            Happy moving G, now teh work begins, getting settled etc - and hope your band is fun, maybe you will need a review by a pretty lady??? My daughter is learning guitar and just started electric - luckily her teacher is my era and I actually know what she is playing - she enjoys it, and that is what counts.
                            Day 9 for me today and it seems to be sticking this time....seems easier apart from the lack of sleep and headache
                            So glad to see people sticking around...
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Great job on 9 days!! Way to go.

I've been having those old thoughts creeping in. But, I'm on the antabuse and that really helps because I would have to let it get out of my system for 10 days before I would drink. So, I am thinking it all the way thru. And yes, I do still get the cravings but it helps to think to my hubby being upset. Me being upset, feeling crummy and all that goes with it. So - staying AF.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PS - glad your daughter is enjoying her guitar... my hubby is loving his new bass that he got. He's always just played guitar so this is a new learning experience for him.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X