Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, Well just back from early run (yes run, not walk!) on day 3 this end. Here I go again. I’m with you Clear Eyes on ODAAT. Exactly what I said to myself yesterday. Same goes for ‘I choose not to drink’, so I’m right there with you. Feeling positive this morning and not deprived. I guess those endorphins help.

Lilly, great to see you. I’m sorry you’re struggling but have to point out the difference here. It’s AF for 2/3 weeks and then a drink, not 2/3 days anymore. You’ll be back where you want to be soon I’m sure. I always love to read your posts – they’re a great source of inspiration & strength.

Mby & Shezzie, hope you’re going well and racking up those days.

Lassie, week 3 – you’re doing great and I hope to follow in your footsteps. Well done girl!

Nora, DB, Juja, KY & RC – how are you? G, hope the move's all sorted (seemed to be a long one!). And hello to all dropping by. Wishing all a safe happy and sober day :h
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Good morning. I see a lot of old friends on this thread. I'd like to join you so I have one place to be accountable daily. In the last year or two this board has helped me change from someone who drank every single day, to now maybe twice a week. Those couple of nights, though, I drink more than ever. It's not even fun anymore. So, today is day 2. I'm going to do everything I can to make it to 30 for the very first time. Congratulations to all of you who seem to really be finding your way out.
      ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
      -----------------------------------
      Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Hi Irie, nice to see you Well sounds like our patterns are pretty similar. Giving it my best shot too, but don't want to put any pressure on myself! :l

Comment

Irie, welcome back! I to feel the need to be accountable to someone everyday. I made it through yesterday and it was really hard. I had a very stressful day and wanted to go home and drink. There is no AL in my house and I actually drove to the liquor store and drove in circles talking myself out of going in. I won the battle with myself and went home empty handed. focused on today and moving forward. Have a great AF day people.

Comment

mby - great job on yesterday's victory I hope today is easier for you

Comment

Wow, MBY!! I've done that a few times, myself! Talk about character building! Good for you! Winning the battle at the liquor store says a lot about your determination!
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Morning everyone. I'm feeling good today and I like the, "I'm choosing to not drink today!" I have to stay focused on One Day At A Time. If I start using the word "CAN'T" then I almost immediately begin to rebel against it in my spirit! Good for you FF on your morning run. I too am starting back on my workouts and my walk/runs. Mornings without hangovers are simply amazing! Everything is so much clearer and to not be so freakin tired and feeling so bad. Why would we choose a hangover? I don't know, but we have, over and over and over again! I just want to have a thankful heart for today and I won't think too much further than that. I praying for my MWO buds and wishing all of you an AF day! Let's do this!

Comment

Oh yes....WAY TO GO MBY! That is incredible!

Comment

Go for it Dogwood - glad to see you posting here.
                    mby - well done, that is huge and you must feel a great sense of accomplishment - every victory is a good one!
                    Fly - good on you - running is not my sport, my knees say NO! Wish I could thou, it is quicker that walking and I just can't make time to walk!!
                    Irie - hi there, glad to see you - and well done on what you have achieved so far, I have not done as I wished in 2012, but I KNOW I have drunk a whole heck of a lot less than I was and that works for me!
                    Hi Nora, hope all is good down south.
                    Have a good day all....
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi all.....

myb - great job!!! :goodjob: That's the way we've got to do it.

Good to see you all here! Hi Irie! Dogwood - I agree with that - I try not to use the word 'can't'.

SL - I'm up in Oregon for a week. Visiting my parents. So great to see them. I miss them so much.

Still taking it a step at a time here. I would like to get a period of AF time down. So, that's what I'm working towards. I am using antabuse and that keeps me on track. I have a history of just stopping taking it though. So, I'm working hard on not falling into that trap. It's been about 25 days this time. So, I just need to stick with it. It really helps to come here and have this thread to post on. :h
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi y'all.

Back on day one.

So good to see Mr G's thread is still hanging. So to speak.

Feeling like humble pie.

Comment

RC - I'm sorry that you had a fall. Great job on getting up & seeing it for what it was. Here's to Day 1. :h
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you Nora, really appreciate it.

Comment

RC - great that you came back, we can only win if we keep on trying - I have had so very many day 1's - and I hopefully learn from most of them.....
                              Nora, hope the weather is good up north then:H
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Got off work @ 4:00 PM my time and was hit head on with an overwhelming urge to go get a bottle of wine. My husband was going to be away for a few hours this evening and that just had wine written all over it! I was on my way. Half way there I came to my senses. I thought it through...about the hangover tomorrow...about how tough work would be....the guilt, the whole load of crap! Today, it was enough to get me home. Have been wrestling even after getting home, but it seems to be subsiding. Going to eat, love on my sweet 4-legged fur babies and hit the hay early.

Comment

Working...
                                X