Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fnally checking in. So glad to see so many past friends. Yes Irie you can more than join. FF always good to follow and DB so glad to see you back. One day at a time is how I am going to continue to approach this, rather than days out as my goal. MBY way to go and not buy AL.
    Hello to all others.

Comment

Had a sad morning. My 16 year old schnauzer appeared to have had a stroke. Little guy was so pitiful. Got him to the vet and found Vestibular Disease, which is pretty common to old dogs. Bottom line, because everything else on him still is pretty sound, vet said he should recover from this in a couple days. Yay!

Day 7 for me today! Feeling pretty good after I got my dog taken care of. But I think I will buy some Gummi's today to be on the safe side! hahahaha.......

FF, Nora, SL, Mby, Irie, RC, Star, Lilly & Clear Eyes.....I've got you all in my heart today, praying a sober AF day for us all! Let's do this!

Comment

Ok...what's up with yesterday and Gummi Bears? I bought some too! :H

What should we get today?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - the Gummi's help us to make the trip straight home! Swapped one less destructive vice for a very destructive vice! Get's you past all the liquor stores and grocery stores with wine, etc.! And, a long time ago when I was in AA, they told us to stock up on small candies cause it would help us through the cravings! Whatever works, right? Besides, they're awful cute and delicious!

Comment

well, i am succumbing - even ate gummy bears on way TO work this morning!!! Titrating up , but remaining AF - so whateva:H
            Dogwood, hope you doggie is ok and does recover well.
            Hey there clear eyes, and Nora too:l
            Here is to the straight road paved with gummy bears :h
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Evening everybody

Clear Eyes is back :yay: Good to see you.

DB - so sorry about your doggie. I hope he feels better soon. Again, great job on not succumbing and congrats on 7 days.

So, gummie bears huh. I'm jealous now and will have to get some myself. I haven't eaten sweets in years!

Have a great day/evening one and all :l
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

DB - just saw that you are at a week, well done!! You have now done everyday once, so it is now repeat, repeat, repeat!

Comment

Just chiming in - I love gummy bears. They make me think of childhood. Great to bite their heads off! Yum. SL, I'm eating mints and chewing gum like it's my last day. Guess we need more "oral satisfaction." Wait, am I on the wrong thread? :H

Cat
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Catbuddy;1411884 wrote: Just chiming in - I love gummy bears. They make me think of childhood. Great to bite their heads off! Yum. SL, I'm eating mints and chewing gum like it's my last day. Guess we need more "oral satisfaction." Wait, am I on the wrong thread? :H

Cat
                    :H:H:H

Comment

RC - now that's just funny, i don't care who ya'ar!

Headed to town to meet the hubby. FYI, looks like my little schnauzer is going to recover. Thing is, he's 16, so we take it all one day at a time! Hey, where have i heard that before?

Probably won't be checking in again till morning. Hope everyone has a restful, peaceful, AF evening.

Comment

Db glad to hear your dog is going to be ok. I totally lost last night. thought I was ok until my husband told me he got laid off. panic took over me and I went down the street to the corner bar and turned off everything with rum. 3 drinks and I was trashed, I guess my tolerance is low from not drinking. I woke up this morning sick and I have not had a hangover in years. I am ok now and back on track. I have to find a better way to deal with stress. Tomorrow I will go to the gym. maybe working out will help with this feeling of doom. I am way down right now but I need to remember that AL is not a solution its just another problem. thank you all, being able to come to this site is the only thing positive in my life right now. you guys give me the courage to keep trying.

Comment

DG - I'm so sorry about your doggie. I'm glad that he's going to be ok. :l

Cat - made me LAUGH

I'm still here - hanging in there. I made sure to take that antabuse today.

Hello to everyone!!!!
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mby - x-post

Sending hugs. So sorry that your husband got laid off. I have the same reaction - stress and want to run to numb it. I've been working on that. Glad that you got right back here. We do care. :h
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bit the head off my gummy bears on the way home, thinking of you Cat!
                              Good news DB, glad to hear about your doggy, he is getting on in years isn't he!
                              mby - so sorry, that is bad news. Well done for coming back and being determined - I am going thru all sorts of struggles just now, each one makes me think about drinking, but one thing that I have learnt on this journey is that the drinking doens't help the problems and I deal with them much better when I am sober....good luck to you and your husband...:l

Comment

Mby - so sorry about your husband, that's rough. I hope he finds another job soon. Good idea to get down the gym and get the endorphins going. Hope you feel better soon.

Well it's Friday - let's make it a sober one :danthin:
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X