Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all! I never made it by yesterday. Between my dog, and work was crazy, then left right after work to go to a visitation out of town with my oldest son. It was after 10 before I got home and settled in. I picked up my laptop...wanted to check in, but just couldn't. I was so tired. Good to be tired.

Mby..so sorry about your hubby! Tough times we are in. A trip to the gym is an excellent idea for all the reasons already stated. We all know that alcohol doesn't make anything better, but all of us have played that card, over and over! I will be thinking of you today. Prayers for your hubby getting another job.

My parents aren't in good health and they once had lots of animals. They can't take care of lots of animals anymore, but they want a dog so bad. My friend, who rescues animals, brought in a little shi tzu who has been horribly neglected for 6 years. He doesn't know how to play or anything. He is so sweet and only wants to sit in laps and be petted, (he's way behind on petting)! My friend thinks he will be a perfect match for my parents. My Dad in particular is paralyzed, so his days are spent in a chair. How wonderful for him and for this little dog to have each other! Pray that this works.

Good thoughts to all my MWO buddies today. I hope all of you have a wonderful AF day! C U later.

Comment

Wow, DG. What a wonderful development with the dog. Oh, your words "he's way behind in petting." Poor thing. I'm sure your parents would get so much joy from him, and vice versa. I have a little dog, too, and while she is an obstinate challenge in many ways, she also oozes vulnerability. She speaks to my need to take care of little ones.

Dogs and people have a special path to each other - I hope it works out.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Raining Cats & Dogs! DB, I hope the little doggie will bring comfort to your dad. I'm sorry to hear your parents are not in good health. How lovely if the three of them can become new buddies :l
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Dogwood - lovely, if the doggie works out it will be a wonderful life both for the dog as well as your father - what a wonderful idea!
          mby - hope you are doing ok with all the stresses I am sure you are dealing with right now...
          Saturday evening and it is that time - had a really tough evening yesterday and hoping today is kinder - I tried to wean the sweets a bit yesterday and had no gummies - not sure if that is what did it - but today I am not depriving myself as I don't want an evening like that again....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Well, the dog didn't work out. No connection at all.

And Dick Head kicked the crap out of me last night! I feel like such a freakin LOSER! I guess I'm back on the horse today. Day 1 - AGAIN!

Comment

ahhh DB - so sorry - on both accounts.....congratulations for keeping trying, that is what really does count - don't give up - you are heading in teh right direction, be kind to yourself....:l

Comment

Oh DB - ditto what Lassie said. You are NOT a loser my friend. Dust yourself off and keep on trying. Big kudos for not going AWOL. We will get there honeypie :l

Comment

Thank you SL & FF.

Comment

Oh DB :l I'm sorry that things are so hard right now. I agree with everyone else.....good for you for dusting yourself off & sticking with us.
                    We are going to do this.....we really are. :h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi to all gummy bears, dogs, puppies, cats, rabbits, oral fans, and AFer's everywhere.

Moved house successfully, and it's sooo cool to be living by the sea again. Good for the soul. My internet still isn't connected at the new place, and this may take a couple of weeks, so on a slow wireless dongle thing at the moment, and future communications may be intermittent. All good here though.

Take care everyone. G-bloke

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey DB, how you going today? Don't forget to check in now :l

Well hey there G, thought you'd moved to a galaxy far, far away! Yep, living by the sea is sooo cool. I couldn't live anywhere else. You enjoy

Hello Lassie, Nora & all those dropping by. Big :l:l

Comment

Oh and G, as to your slow wireless dongle thangy, I think there's a whole thread you've been missing out on :H

Comment

FreeFly;1414026 wrote: Oh and G, as to your slow wireless dongle thangy, I think there's a whole thread you've been missing out on :H
                            :H

Better get your dongle over there and show off.

Comment

Hi G - also wondered when you were going to make a comment on "that" thread:H:H
                              I would LOVE to live by teh ocean, it is my happy place and I head there when I can - lucky you living there!!

Comment

Good Morning all! DB I am sorry you are having a bad time but I am glad you pulled yourself up and came right back . I am doing better staying AF. I dont spend much time at home. I am in school from 8am until 12 noon then work from 2pm until 8pm. My usual pattern was to be home by 8:30 and drink until I fell asleep at 11pm. The last couple of days I have been going to the gym after work and staying there until 10:30 pm then home to shower and sleep. My family is not real happy with what they call my disappearing act. I just need a change of pattern for a while. I have been accused of being selfish. I don't care. Cook your own food, Do your own Laundry, Do some dishes, ect,,,,, Mommy needs a change! If I am going to succeed I need to think about me 1st. BTW my children are 18 and 24 so they can handle it.

Comment

Working...
                                X