Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tonight I am in agony. It is the anniversary of my sister's passing and for the 1st time I am dealing with it sober. It hurts so bad.

Comment

Oh MBY - I am so very sorry for your loss. :l:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

mby82266;1414748 wrote: tonight I am in agony. It is the anniversary of my sister's passing and for the 1st time I am dealing with it sober. It hurts so bad.
        Oh MB, I am so so sorry.:upset:

I have three sisters and couldn't imagine that kind of pain.
        So proud of you though for seeing it through... :goodjob:
        Please stay close,m

:l:h
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thank You so much for the support! I had to keep reminding myself this is how I got here. I felt really guilty as a nurse for not seeing how sick she was so when she was finally diagnosed it was to late. I spent 9 months taking care of her during her battle, and used AL to numb the pain and guilt daily. Before that I was an occasional drinker, maybe once or twice a year. After she passed I realized I could not stop. So I let myself feel the pain and cried. No Kradle there is nothing like losing a sister, I pray you will not know this kind of pain until you are very old. And remember they don't want to lose you either! We are on the right road to health and recovery! I made it through the worst so its only up from here! Have a great day everyone.

Comment

mby, thank you for your encouraging words. And, I am deeply sorry for your pain from losing your Sister. I cannot imagine. we mask so many things with AL that it sometimes feels like we're caught in an avalanche of pain and emotions when we remove the AL. the AL stunts our emotional and sometimes mental growth. i will be thinking of you these next days. also, getting sober is a very selfish business. we have to be selfish to get through it. we have to think of ourselves first while we're in this battle. We thought of ourselves first when we were drinking, but there was no good end in sight. Now, if we can be selfish, and protect ourselves from our enemy AL and learn to deal with our triggers, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and everyone will benefit. you do what you have to do.

Comment

Oh Mby, that is so sad. I too am very sorry for your loss. Yes, stick close :l:l

Wise words DB :l

Hello SL, Nora, Kradle, RC & G - :l for you all too
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Wise words DB. Thank you for that.

Oh - I just looked again and see that I copied FreeFly. :H Great minds thing alike.

You are so right though. I have been worrying about everyone else lately. Trying to take care of everyone else. And, I absolutely can feel the stress building up and urges have come on strong. I am going to be selfish for an hour and take care of me. Hot shower. Curl up with my book or watch TV. I am going to just relax.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good plan Nora! I hope everyone has a Happy, Blessed & AF Thanksgiving. AF would be a very good reason for a Thanksgiving!

Comment

Seems lots of my friends here are going through big stresses at the moment. Just wanted to wish you all a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for all of you and the help you given me along the way. Enjoy your day wherever you are :l:h:l

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This year I am thankful for being AF. Thanks to all of you . I am actually having a really good day. I thought it would be harder with everyone drinking but me but I feel really good. I actually like hot applecider with a cinnimon stick in it. I hope everyone is have a great day but if you are not I will check in a couple times today. We are all here for each other!

Comment

Good to hear you're enjoying your day Mby. Hot applecider sounds yummy (it's alcoholic over here but guess not in the US). Off for my lime & soda :l

Comment

Yes apple cider is AF here. lol some people like to add rum but I will just stick with cinnamon! My doctor said cinnamon is a natural sedative. He must be right bc I feel really relaxed and calm.

Comment

Indian curry is also calming.....probably for the same reasons....... My son and I have a custom of sneaking off for a curry if we are feeling low...works every time

Comment

Hey all. Dropping by to check & see how everyone is doing. Looks like some good days for some. I'm having a good day as well. Both of my boys home. I didn't cook so I don't have the stress of all that. We went to a really nice restaurant in town. It was very good and no mess to clean up!

Mr. G, good to see some post from you and glad your move is complete. A little jealous of your sea view. And, I don't EVEN want to talk about your DONGLE! Oh my! :wow:

I want to send a big ole hug and good blessings to all my MWO buddies. May the rest of your day be AF, peaceful, and full of love! :groupluv:

Comment

Quick check in from me to wish everyone a happy and sober Friday. Last few days for me have been strangely without thoughts for alcohol, fanflippintastic! Looking forward to an AF weekend

Good to hear you both sounding happier DB & Mby :l:l

Comment

Working...
                                X