Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had nice things happen to me today. I feel blessed
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Good for you FF!
      I am enjoying Blak Friday without a hangover, and avoiding the stores as I cannot stand the crowds and bargain hunters - found a factory shop at a chocolate store thou - ooooohhh, too bad....but the icecream with homemade choc sauce was too much to resist!
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Mby, FF, SL, Kuya....sounds like a pretty good day was had by all! Me too! So good to not be sick Thanksgiving Day & try to pretend you're not! Also, I am more aware of the other AL problems have crept in on other family members. I know I can't fix them, but because I'm more alert, I can be an encourager & I can pray. If I'm drinking, I either don't care, (don't think that's it), or just can't pull it together to notice. If I'm drinking, it's easier to not notice.

Going to sit with my Dad for awhile, and then out for dinner tonight with my in-laws for their 60th anniversary. I'm sure the wine & drinks will flow. I'm confident I can do this.

Comment

OK....Where did everyone go?????? Am I on this thread all alone now? FF, SL Kuya, Mby.....anybody?

Comment

Blossom, your post is so funny. I just opened the thread and yours was the only one here on this page... helllloooooooo... anybody here? Hope you're doing well. I'm going to read back a bit. I haven't been on this one for a while. Take care.
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hi all - I am around and hanging in too - so much of my drinking habits are centered around celebrating/relaxing/etc that this time of the year proves tough for sure - and the boredom with kids with too much time off as well DB! So many excuses....lots of temptations....we can do this - can't we

Comment

Hey DB, Nurdl & SL - here but no much in the mood for talking. Hope you're all good though :l

Comment

Same as you Free Fly. Love you all!

Comment

Hey Clear Eyes - one for you too :l

Comment

Hi Y'all,

Just a quick flyby to say hello! Hope everyone's okay. Stay positive and kick some arse.

Take care. G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just in case anyone misses it in the General Section, SL's got 30 days today :yay::happy::yougo:

Comment

Hi FF!

That is just brilliant Lass! I am so happy for you.

Bravo, and keep it going!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Thanks FF, and you too G - would not have done this without you! The support has been huge and a big part of any success that I have:thanks:

Comment

scottish lass;1418044 wrote: Thanks FF, and you too G - would not have done this without you! The support has been huge and a big part of any success that I have:thanks:
                              Maybe, but don't forget, it was you who did the work. And still are. Keep it going. :goodjob:

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, Yes I am still here and staying AF. I am coming up to finals so I am really busy with school work. Struggling big time with alot of emotions. The stress of finals and the holiday season is a little much and the desire to drink is bad sometimes. I become angry and agitated with myself and things that don't normally bother me are really aggravating. praying for some peace!

Comment

Working...
                                X