Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there Mby. You're doing so well at the moment and just think how fantastic you're going to feel having finished your finals and stayed sober! Don't forget to take a deep breath and perhaps take a walk for fresh air when you feel yourself becoming agitated

Hey G, nice to see you.
    Hope everyone's doing good. Feeling relaxed and happy today this end
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I have finally reached an empass

I have a wonderful husband. He does house work and takes care of the kids. He wants to have sex. He is a big guy in every sense of the word.I tried AF sex and it was very painful. Now he wants sex again. I am wasted its the only way I can be ok with the situation. I dont want to drink but I also want to preserve this relationship. I will do what I need to do . help is there a different way to deal with this situation?

Comment

Hi Mby. Have you tried talking to your husband? You may need a little more time in recovery for your body and mind to feel more relaxed. I think honesty is the best policy though :l

How's everyone else? This thread's gone a wee bit quiet.....

Comment

Thanks Freefly, I know this is something we need to talk about. I was doing so good and I don't want to give up everything I gained for this one aspect of my life. It has felt so good feeling in control and sober. I know I can't ignore this issue but I really want to get through my finals AF. The semester ends 12/14 and I made an appointment to see a therapist on 12/17. Back at day 1 again today. but I am not feeling down about it. I have made it through most of my triggers an plan on attacking this one head on. I actually feel better just having a plan. Have a wonderful AF weekend!

Comment

Hi Mby, glad you're not feeling down. Step back on day 1 and look forward. Maybe focus on your finals first and foremost. One step at a time, one challenge at a time. There's plenty of time to deal with challenges and they don't need to be addressed all at once. Focus on the most important and go from there. Enjoy your weekend

Comment

Hi everybody!!!!

Just wanted to say hello and fact that i reached my own record - 18 AF days!!! I tried several times but somehow wasn' t able to go further than 14 days..
              This time i "locked myself" in a detox rehab (public place but i was on waiting list) for 6 days..not really for physical detox - i did already day 1 by myself when i checked-in. I had 2 goals: medical check up - interwies, info, evaluation, blood tests etc. and stay away from my HB for a while..Shoking enviroment, very nice medical people and plenty of time to think (no computers, no mobiles etc.)...

Now started to attend AA meetings..i don' t know for how long (i'm not so exited..) but at the moment i need to meet and talk in person.

Wishing everybody fresh start of the week!!!
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this thread. Decided to join another thread as newbies best obviously doesn't welcome me anymore. Hi, Audrey: congrats on your AF days!!! That's really awesome! I just came back from Vegas. I knew I probably would end up drinking there and sure enough I did. But I'm going back to no more drinking. I want to also try exercising.

In the car on the way home .... So tired!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Audrey, congrats on making it to 18 days! it is great that you found something that works. Go to the meetings enjoy people who will support you. Maybe it is a good environment for you and maybe its not but you will never know unless you try.
                  Alcoholic welcome to this site. You will find supportive people here. So you slipped in Vegas, dust yourself off and keep looking forward. We all slip but I believe that the only people who fail are the ones that quit trying.
                  Have a great AF day....
                  Freefly: Tks for helping me this weekend!

Comment

Hi Audrey - good to see you and great job on your 18 days Your detox sounds like just what you needed to get you out of your situation for a while. I hope sober time continues for you. Good luck with AA too.

Hi Ally, good to see you too - the more the merrier I think and it has been a little quiet around here lately.

Mby - glad you're feeling better

Joining you all in a new start - yet another for me but will not quit quitting! Had a great week last week with no cravings at all and breezed through Friday. I guess it was just actually a choice on Saturday and not a big craving. Was upset with myself Sunday though. I do like life sober sooo much better. Me and my little brain are getting there!

Comment

Mby: thank you! I also totally believe in not quitting!

Ff: I'm joining you in starting a new week and new day! Life is just what it is. Don't be too harsh on yourself and we just pick ourselves up and restart cuz we know how to do it!

Gonna lose 30 pounds too. Started a thread to lose pounds. I'm 5'3, 150 lb!!! I need to be 120! So gonna post my wt so I can force myself to lose wt! Lol!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Morning all friends!!!

Day 21 for me and i still don' t believe in it..and it' s hard..emotionally..i do have cravings for wine, especially last week and especially after good french movie with expensive wine and life in wine estate in background - i'm really convinced that i'm mazohist
                        But they aren' t physical and it' s more easy to fight with them. My HB still drinks (thankfully it' s beer which i hate) but have a lots of health issues - high blood preasure, overweight, pain in stomach etc. Last night he was in big pain and i'm concerned..2 weeks ago he went to the doctor, has all medicine (including Campral, Valium, for high bp etc.) but he can stop for 1 day and than again.
                        Last weekend we had guests and a lot of AL. It was very stressful for me i felt very released when they left. I was drinking apple-mango juice with ice, probably drunk 1 l

Hi Alcoholic!!
                        Must be hard to be in Vegas and have detox plan I haven' t been in Vegas only SanFrancisco and around, Austin, Chicago, Milwouki...It was 10 and 7 years ago ( i have been twice in USA) and i was still able to drink socially, OMG..
                        Stay here, try to stick some detox days together. Even in AA they say - every day without AL is good for your body.

Hi mby!!!

Hope you' re feeling better and yes, i'm going to try various methods to stay sober but still my mantra is ODAT.
                        I can relate to your intimate life too..probably i have different issue - but i don' t like to make love when i'm sober and somebody is drunk..or i don' t love him enough strong, probably that' s true..

hello FreeFly - nice to see you here!!! Don' t stop trying!!!:l I don' t want to make any evaluations but i had discussions with people in rehab and with my HB as well. The conclusion is that for a binge drinker (it' s me too!!!) it' s easier to stop drinking at least for a week, for a everyday drinker it' s more hard. And "binge drinker" at least has some days AF so the body can recover a bit. I don' t want to say that one "drinking style" is better than other and amount of course is very important too. Just toughts!!!!

Keep in touch!!!
                        The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                        /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Audrey, that is fantastic! You're nearly at 30 days. Keep it up girl. I know what you mean about seeing wine on TV. I can be doing great with no thoughts at all and then see a glass on TV and bam, I want one!

Yes, my drinking pattern has changed from daily to the odd day so I definitely feel loads better than before but it's just pointless what I do to myself in a binge.

Keep me posted how you get on :h

Comment

Hello too to ALly & Mby and anyone else dropping by :h

Comment

Hi everyone. I am back on day one. Please sit on me and don't let me go away from here. I said some pretty bad things to HB last night and daughter. Feel like SHIT today emotionally. It is funny how in the last 6 weeks it just kept getting more and more. I loved my AF time this year. Why do I go back and then drink more and more? I really hate myself today. Don't know if I can make things right. Well I guess I will just start helping myself today. Threw out all the wine this morning and even most of the wine glasses. My eyes will probably be still swollen tomorrow from all the crying.

Hope all are having a great evening and can't wait for tomorrow and the next day, then the next because I know I will only feel better. Can't wait for the day.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Hi clear eyes; sorry you are not doing to hot... But so glad you threw out the wine! We are all going on this journey together!

i really like this thread's positive outlook!

Ff and Audrey: I was never a binge drinker, was always a daily drinker of 1-2 bottles of wine. And everyday that I don't drink, or drink significantly less than that ( like 1 glass of wine instead of 1 bottle) I celebrate. I seriously have never had this many AF days in my life since I started kudzu and glutamine!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X