Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mby, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a horrid time. Again, I'd ask have you spoken to HB about it all - told him how that made you feel? Have you told him what you're doing re going sober? Does he drink? Sorry, lots of questions. I know when you're in a critical time, it can seem that the whole world is against you, but you will come through it. The one constant you can rely on is change. How are the finals going? Can you try and focus on the positives in your life at the moment, focus on you and your healing. Every ounce of AF time you manage is a huge positive. Drinking will only make you feel more depressed. Sending you lots of strength and a big fat :l

:hallo: Pauly & K9
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Saying hi, not much more - really struggling, so checking in on all my safe places - getting strength from everyone, but on a downer and don't want to bring everyone down with me, so will just read around.....
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL - try not to let all those thoughts take over. Noone can take away all that AF time. You've had so much to cope with lately and are doing a brilliant job. I bet you've been exhausted too because of all the changes and you know that's a trigger. Be gentle with yourself. Sending you much love :h

Comment

Freefly, I have tried to talk to my hb and family about my problem but they do not believe it is real. I still have a level of control ie I never drive when I have been drinking. I do not drink when I have to go to work. I never drink in public. For these reasons they believe I can stop if and when I choose. It is not that easy. I do not want to hit the downward spiral into hell. I know people say you cant really stop until you hit rock bottom. I recognize I have a problem now. I will continue to strive for more AF days. I can't give up! I need to be free of this monkey on my back, Thank you for all your support. Today I will try again. every day I am sober is a succes

Comment

Mby, you know I don't think everyone has to hit rock bottom. It's a choice. You recognise drinking is a problem for you so good for you in doing something about it. I also don't think it matters whether we're in a relationship or not, what's important is kicking this thing for ourselves. Stay strong and don't worry what others think, just do what's right for you. When we change the inner the outer reflects those changes anyway. It's a win, win when you put yourself first as no matter where you end up and with whom, you will feel better. Keep up the AF days, you're doing great :l

Comment

Mby-
              I agree with FF. We have to do this for ourselves. Sometimes people don't want others to be AF because then they might have to look at themselves and their own drinking patterns. Keep up the AF days.

Double digits for me today!! Yay. Sleeping so much better and feeling better. Tomorrow night is staff X-mas party. Bought my diet-coke to take. I have no doubt I will make it AF. It is only until 8pm. Will check in after it.
              TGIF tomorrow!

Comment

Way to go CE on double digits and good luck with the xmas party. You're sounding great and I have no doubt too that you'll make it through.

Day 6 here and quietly determined

Comment

FF- Did it! Felt good. Everyone was drinking but not over doing it. No one asked me why I wasn't drinking. Enjoyed myself and am happy I don't have to worry about anything come Monday when I go to work. Congrats on 6 days. I don't know if I should count or not but it is really hard for me not to.

Comment

Good job Clear Eyes, well done you! Feels good huh. I know what you mean about the counting, I think I last longer not counting cos as soon as I set myself up, I wobble. Anyhoo, have a great week

Comment

K9Lover;1425311 wrote: ....pppsssttt....Hi everyone!

Just poppin' in to see how everyone is doing!

xoxoxoxo
                      K9
                      K9 I love all these different photos of you! Very beautiful! But can we make like a little cine film of them or maybe flip book so we can see you in action!

:l:h

PS Doing well over here
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1427946 wrote: K9 I love all these different photos of you! Very beautiful! But can we make like a little cine film of them or maybe flip book so we can see you in action!
                        Now we're talkin'!

Hi Y'all,

Hi Mb. Wishing you a safe, sober, and stress free week. If we think we have a problem, then we do. We are all different, of course. A lot of people just don't get us, except other problem drinkers, which is why we're lucky to have this forum. It's important to bounce idea's, strategy's around etc, and get some feedback i reckon, like you are doing. Keep up the good fight. Take care friend.

Hiya FF. Cool avatar!

How are you going S/Lass?

All good here. Have a great week everyone.

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Why thank you Mr G

Comment

K9 "in action" can sometimes be quite scary. LOL

Hope you're all well!

Hi G-Man :h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey G - lurking here - have my ups and downs, but overall doing OK. Not where I want to be, but moving forward - thanks for asking!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Guitarista;1427998 wrote: Now we're talkin'!

A lot of people just don't get us, except other problem drinkers, which is why we're lucky to have this forum. .

:h
                                Ditti Ditti Dittio Mr. G! Spot on as usual.

K9 in Action- launching a thousand ships, :beach:

:l
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X