Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding it hard to-night
    But hopefully I can hang in just made a milk coffee

Comment

Hi Merry.

Hang in there. Cravings only last 20/30 mins, or less usually. Can you get distracted by watching an inspiring movie, book, or calling a supportive friend? Just getting out and about for a walk can shake up our thinking a bit for the better too.

How are you now?

Let me find you a little light reading. hang on a sec.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Give this a read. It's our toolbox, which you may or may not've read.

Start on page 1. There is some excellent info, tips, and strategy's to help us get through early sobriety, or one hour, one day etc.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I had gone through the site. It was very interesting. I would like to have complete details regarding this. Can any one please produce me the details in the name of a post. Thanks in advance.
          Bls class
          Cpr aed class

Comment

merry;1429250 wrote: Finding it hard to-night
            But hopefully I can hang in just made a milk coffee
            I know I sound like a broken record here, but my favorite saying is this: A craving will never last as long as a hangover.

Ride it out...you'll be glad you did!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

well i made it through the night
              day 3 now

Comment

Congratulations Merry!

In my opinion, days 1-3 are the hardest. You should be feeling better physically by now. Mentally will be a whole 'nother story, but that takes time. Remember WHY you want to quit drinking. Remember the truth about alcohol, not the lies it tries to tell you.

Stick close!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello Merry, nice to see you on this thread and well done for getting through day 3
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Happy Holidays I am still alive and sober. passed all my classes and on a short break before they start up again. taking alot of shit from family members bc I want to just stay home and isolate myself this year. I really don't want the temptation. Maybe next year I will feel strong enough to go out but for now I need to stay in my safe place. I hope you all have a great holiday!!

Comment

Hi Mby,

Your strategy makes a lot of sense and is a sound one. We must be ruthless with our sobriety. Protect it at all costs.

Merry christmas to you and yours friend. You're a star. :goodjob:

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Congrats Hippyman! Three weeks for me today. Yesterday I had to watch a very drunk woman for 3 hours while on a train. I think had she been video taped and saw it later she would be greatly humilated. She went from loving everyone...to passing out....to waking up...and then F ing off everyone that she so loved earlier. It was awful. Anyway it helped be stay sober today. I am happy that it was not ME!!
                        Merry Christmas!

Comment

Helloooo... Back from hols and just spent the first AF Christmas in all the time I can remember, YAY! Hope all are doing well xx

Comment

His firefly, just chirping in, yep I have enjoyed my first Xmas AF in years too. Feels good.
                            Love to all x
                            AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                            Day by day

Comment

Hey Moots, does feel good doesn't it

Comment

Great stuff Moots and FF.

Congratulations on 3 months AF Hippyman!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical New year.

Comment

Working...
                                X