Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i self sabotage myself i think,i start off strong but half way through i get so scared im gonna drink again,i drink! makes no sense,im tired of day ones
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

paulywogg;1473440 wrote: i self sabotage myself i think,i start off strong but half way through i get so scared im gonna drink again,i drink! makes no sense,im tired of day ones
      Hi Pauly, Yo y'all,

Read the 2 above posts from Byrdy and Fallen angel. We need to have a plan, then we've just got to plough through like a bullock through a muddy swamp, and keep going at all costs untill we come out the other end into the daylight.

Summery weather here still. 30c on average this week and more to come. I love it, but some parts of the area badly need some rain. Rain hail or shine i'm ok. Why? Cause i'm sober today and staying that way.

Have a great day or evening everyone. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi all, well I totally resonate with all you day oners. Most consecutive I've managed is 26. Seems a few of us around the same mark. Shall we try for 7 days and go from there?

Early start and late finish today. Felt fine all day, then as soon as I finished BIG craving hit. Ate and now in bed. It passed. Day 3 and tea in bed again, phew!
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Comment

Morning all from downunder!

Great stuff FF!

No hangover, and no negativity. There's just no room for that anymore.

Have a good one out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

thanks guitarista............

i love those forecasts of sobriety.......................thanks for thinkin of me.............
              You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

all i can say today is,i really want to stay sober this time i had forgotten how hard the first week can be,why do it again and again?its really pointless and dumb,you guys have a great day
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement G

Fitness training cancelled tonight cos of bad weather. Not good for me on a Friday evening but hanging in there.

:wavin: Columbia & Pauly - hope you're feeling OK today and making Friday a sober one.

Have a great weekend everyone

Comment

TV therapy - watching BBC3 Russell Brand, From Addiction to Recovery.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Keep pushing through to the light!

FF. I like Russell. Any chance you could post a link to that documentary?

Wishing all a safe, sober, and magical weekend.

Comment

Hi G,

Just finished watching documentary. Very moving. Russell spot on and hit where it hurt. I've tried to post a link for you but not yet available (probably because it's just been shown). I don't know how it works from Oz linking up to UK sites but you can try bbc.co.uk/iplayer and then searching for, 'From Addiction to Recovery'. If you have no joy (but give it a little time), let me know and I'll try posting a link when it's available. Seriously worth watching. He knows what he's talking about, promotes abstinence recovery and challenges certain medics who 'know'. Hope you get to see it.

Comment

Thanks FF.

Yep, i've seen Russell speak on recovery before. I'll check out BBC site.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

You're welcome. Funny what you pick up from a forum but dare I say you have a touch of the Russell about you. Take that as you will Have a great weekend too

Comment

Hi Mr. G.

FreeFly got me interested in this doc so I googled it and found this link...

Russell Brand - From Addiction to Recovery on Vimeo

Have been watching it and it is excellent.

Hope it works!!

:l
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on, and link to, the Russell Brand doc; great viewing. I think it would be a good idea to post it on general as I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested in it. (I'd try but probably fail :-) )

Comment

Working...
                                X