Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An older drunk back on day one. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradle123;1474881 wrote: Hi Mr. G.

FreeFly got me interested in this doc so I googled it and found this link...

Russell Brand - From Addiction to Recovery on Vimeo

Have been watching it and it is excellent.

Hope it works!!

:l
    Thanks Kradle!

The link went a bit wobbly the last half, but thanks for taking the time to post it. I enjoyed what i saw.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

russell brand has scary eyes,but hes funny,so another day to be strong pretty sure ill get through the weekend strong,you guys have a good one
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

My pleasure Mr. G.

What did you or FreeFly think his being jealous of his former drug using self?

That whole scene with his friend at the Savoy Hotel was really astonishing to me.

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

blondie;1474895 wrote: Thanks for the heads up on, and link to, the Russell Brand doc; great viewing. I think it would be a good idea to post it on general as I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested in it. (I'd try but probably fail :-) )
          That's a good idea, Blondie. I would find people opinions, observations about these types of programs very helpful...

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1475105 wrote: My pleasure Mr. G.

That whole scene with his friend at the Savoy Hotel was really astonishing to me.

I thought it was honest and scary to know that even after 9.5 years of being sober he's still not sure he would never use again.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Kradle123;1475105 wrote: My pleasure Mr. G.

Hey Kradle, nice to see you

It was very candid and a little bit scary. I did indulge in other substances in my younger years (never heroin) and I have zero desire to get high in that way, thank God! You guys are further down the line than me with alcohol so I can't really comment on that front. I'd be interested to hear your viewpoint re alcohol though. Are you guys jealous of your former alcohol using selves? I seriously hope once I am further down the line I'll have zero desire for that either, but not feeling that at the moment! Day 6 though
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Kradle123;1475105 wrote:

Hi Kradle. I understand and relate to that. For me there is a little part that likes oblivion! BUT, do i want to live in that state? The ultimate answer is no. So, i need to accept and acknowledge this 'reckless' streak in me, which i do, and carry on living the life that i prefer, and that life is a fully present life, a sober life. A life where i can go anywhere and be anything i dream. I cannot do this when i am imprisoned by my own inward thinking, selfish, all about me self destructiveness. I've been in that state for long enough and whilst getting numb can be attractive, for me it is ultimately boring. It becomes a boring, repetitive existence. It is no life for a handsome young fella like me. I prefer life, to feel alive, warts and all. Bring it on! I love living and not just existing.

Take care y'all, and kick some ass in your own inimitable way. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

feeling jealous of that former self is something i can relate to,i get envious sometimes of the days when i didnt care that i drank,i get envious on fridays when im at the gas station and i see everybody buying their beers,i get envious of my hubs who can drink one and be done,i wish al didnt ever cross my mind

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I have just been around a few threads and found your post. Are you OK? Just scream out if you need help!!!

Comment

hi boozer,im fine i am just tired of al being everywhere and always on my mind,either hating it,missing it or drinking it,it just gets tiresome ya know?

Comment

Hi Pauly , Boozer and everyone,

For me, i just keep pushing through, keep going at all costs, keep busy, distracted, and push on through to the other side, doing whatever it takes, just for today. I work daily on cultivating my attitude of gratitude. If i do this daily, i know tomorrow will take care of itself.

Have a beeewdy out there. Be kind to yourself.

Yo!

Comment

attitude of gratitude,i like that i have tons of things to be grateful for,im tired of taking things for granted what a waste,if it was all gone tomorrow,id give anything for just one more day ya know?

Comment

paulywogg;1481666 wrote: attitude of gratitude,i like that i have tons of things to be grateful for,im tired of taking things for granted what a waste,if it was all gone tomorrow,id give anything for just one more day ya know?
                            Yep, i hear you Pauly.

I had a chest infection for about 5 weeks over Christmas before i finally went to Doc. He got me to do a blood test, and told me he was checking for some full on terminal diseases, just to be sure. Sheesh! I was stressing so much waiting for the results. Did i have cancer? Pneumonia? Aids? Leukemia? What? Would i ever be able to make music again? What if this was it, and for the rest of my life i had to be on full on meds and be mostly bedridden?!

Luckily everything was good and i'm 100%. I prayed to Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Vishna, Krishna, The man in the moon, the Universe, everyone! But like you say, i now try to remember how lucky i am to have my health, and everyday i do my best to remember to be grateful for this, and have an attitude of gratitude.

L8tr, Yo!

Comment

im glad you are a.o.k!

Comment

paulywogg;1481700 wrote: im glad you are a.o.k!
                                Thanks. Me too!

Take care of yourself, and have a great weekend friend. G.

Comment

Working...
                                X