Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On your marks...Get set...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 10 days of cutting down, today is day 1 of being AF.
    Current goal 30 days, ideal goal my Birthday in April.

But i'll start with just dealing with today

Well done awsome,........Thats Awsome.....sorry could'nt resist.......lol
    Good luck on your journey, it is hard first of all but as the days go by it gets easier, just keep yourself very very busy and dont take any notice of that voice in the back of your head. You can do this honey just remember one dayat a time or even one hour or minute at a time
    All the best
    Ronnie
    xxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

Good on you Awsome!
      Dealing with today is a good way to do it - makes it much more manageable.
      Check out the Tool box thread. Keep posting here often and read up on how others here have kept themselves sober.
      Wishing you a smooth day and a hangover free morning tomorrow morning!
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Ps, I see you are in the UK. Make sure you find something to occupy yourself with this evening so that your mind doesn't get too occupied with alcohol.
        Have a good night.
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Tis been fairly easy so far, mentally I am more then ready. Had one minor craving yesterday that lasted all of 30 seconds, that's about it. Just got home from work, sipping a nice cup of tea. All is well in the world

Comment

Good work awesome! Keep in mind that cravings always pass. Always. We never have to act on them.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all, another easy day so far. Slight snappy at times but thats about it (and to be expected).
              At least my other half is understanding, lol

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html This will help you out. ODAAT!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

felt nothing today, not even a thought.
                  spent some quality time with the family and am developing a liking to peartizer!

sadly working tomorrow, booo!!!!

Comment

Wow, had a very busy weekend and hardly time to post here.
                    All still going well, my energy levels are picking up and dehydration is under control. Felt really good about myself and the near future this morning, so much it made me smile to myself on my otherwise dreadful commute to work (says a lot, London transport is MEH in the morning..)

Starting to think quitting smoking was much much harder then this!

Comment

Good for you Awesome.....you are doing so well. How many days are you now?

Comment

Hi Awesome

Great going and well done ! I am on day three and no cravings either.Keep it up, but more importantly stay on here and if things do get difficult, there are lots of shoulders to lean on !

Comment

Hi all. Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to wake up clear headed instead of already starting the day on the back foot? Day 3 for me too and I also haven't found it too hard, just a couple of moments where I have felt like pouring a glass, but then I go and juice some fruit and veggies which keeps me busy. It's funny, I would not have done that before (too expensive) yet thought nothing of spending on wine.

I remember those years I did on the train up to London, quite an experience! but I feel a bit nostalgic about it now.

Comment

Good luck Awsome! Stick to a good plan and come here often. You've made the first step...keep up the good work and racking up your AL days. It only gets better with every sober day!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Ellaq;1204883 wrote: Good for you Awesome.....you are doing so well. How many days are you now?
                              Today is day 8

And yeah Lilla, it's funny how I can now wake up and be with it in less then 5 minutes, used to take me 45 mins and 3 coffees to even start to be able to move...

Comment

Working...
                              X