non-alcoholic beer / liquor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I love beer and have the occasional N.A. Problem is as discussed above very high carb content. Wish I could have a Miller Lite, it does taste great and only 2.5 grams of carbs per serving. Congrats on your blood sugar reduction abcd! I too don't understand the point of that diluted vodka.

Be well folks, B-45

Comment

well here we are at 6 months and I'm still keeping at it, have not gone back to how I used to drink. I guess this method works for me, diluting the vodka one shot in a gallon of water. I wasn't sure if I could do it, that's why when people replied about not believing in me, I didn't argue since I didn't know, I just tried and it's working and I couldn't be more thankful for where I'm heading. I don't know how it's working, it just is. I guess everybody is different, if something isn't going to work for you, you shouldn't try to shoot down another for trying his own way.

I've tried to quit "cold turkey" before and it didn't work, I've tried to quit on weekdays and only drink on weekends, didn't work. I've never gone this long by drinking so less. I used to drink 1/4 liter vodka a day for years then "cut down" to beer but, I can't drink beer at all because of the very high carbs and it's going to effect my blood sugar. I think my system is recovering, my pancreas must be healing, my last blood test my fasting blood sugar was at 87 or something. One day I checked it a few weeks ago in the morning and it was at 67! I checked my blood sugar after each meal and even after eating subway / bread, it didn't go past 113 I believe and that's 1-2 hrs after eating where it's supposed to be at the high point.

I'm getting healthy, I've lost about 20 pounds since october I exercise regularly, this is my new thing getting in shape and getting healthy it's my priority now. Trying to focus your self on fitness is so great it's like the only other place I can go besides my normal circles where drinking is not encouraged and not because of sobriety or whatever but, because for the simple fact its' not beneficial for your fitness and health. There's so many others that do not drink not because they have a problem but, because they choose not to because of their fitness. So that helps a lot everywhere else it's like people drink and it makes/made me wonder why me why do I have the problem and feel like I'm the only one that cannot but, I don't feel like that anymore.

I don't know why one shot in a gallon of water works for me but, it's clearly psychological. See, I'm making slow changes but, they are real and natural not forced. I'm going at my own pace but, it's working. Lately what i've been doing is taking 8 clear diet coke bottles and putting a shot in half of them, so 4 of them will get one shot, the others don't get a shot and they get flavored with propel zero or some kind of flavoring, and then I mix them up so I can't tell which is which and then I'll mix one a night into a gallon of water, so on some nights now I'm not drinking at all but, in my mind I can't really tell on which night I drank and didn't but, it doesn't seem to bother me and that's the whole point that I don't want to know I'm not drinking anything for some reason, I just don't want to think about it and so I'm drinking even less than 1 shot a night now. I don't finish the gallon anymore like I used to either, I might drink half of it, so that's even less. I'm also sleeping good now, one reason I always drank was because of insomnia but, I think working out during the day tires me out by the end of the night so I think that helps to get me to sleep.

I always buy the vodka in 1.5 liters and it's crazy to me that it's able to last me more than a month, now it might be 2 months or so if I keep drinking less and doing that mixing up method I mentioned, rather than lasting me 2 days like it used to. I have no temptation to drink more or cheat with this huge bottle sitting here, people doubted I could do it but, I am doing it.

There was one night out of these last 6 months where I drank more than I should (got drunk) but, it wasn't temptation it was because I was depressed about something work related and I had told myself that I was going to drink before I got home and in my mind I knew it was a bad idea but, I did it anyway and it made me realize that I wasn't missing anything from not drinking all this time, it made me realize why I've wanted to quit all this time, and being hungover and extreme tiredness in the morning, and really it wasn't a great experience so why do it? It just reinforced my wanting to not go back down that road and to continue on this new road that I'm on. So, while I shouldn't have done that but, I guess it's not so bad out of 6 months for one night where I actually got drunk and knew I shouldn't have done it, and after I did it since then have not and not looked back on it or thought about doing it again. Not to mention that work-related problem is being worked on and solutions are coming but, it's time that's healing that problem and it wasn't alcohol that did or could do anything about it, just had to deal with it and find other ways to make up for the loss.

Comment

Working...
      X