Hi all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!

Brandy New....and 9 days AF. Extremely excited...(most of the time:H) Just like to keep my focus on recovery, and needing some support around me. Looking forward to this message board. :yay:

Hi all!

hey kp and welcom, i am 9 days AF tomorrow so congrats. this is a great site and with so much support. keep reading the threads and lots of luck. i need all the support i can get so am on here a lot at the present time. enjoying meeting new friends and hearing everyones stories which are not much different to mine.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome kpartyof1! Great job on 9 days! You are almost at double digits...keep up the great work! I am right behind you at day 7. Come on over to the Newbies Nest and pull up a twig. It's a wonderful spot for newbies with lots of support. Welcome aboard!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Hi all!

This is the 2nd post I've made - I've lost the first one or it just disappeared. I'm not a bit forum user so this is basically just to try to figure out how would I know if anyone responds to my post. I thought I was responding to someone else's post but am confused by the "title" bar above the window I'm typing in,

I'm single, live with a cat and mostly feel all alone. I hope to find some other folks out there who I can relate to and chat with. :new:

Comment

Hi all!

Kparty and Iamfree, welcome to both of you. Check out the Newbies Nest, a good place to start! And read as much as you can from members who have been there and done that. There is so much information on this forum....
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome Kparty and congrats on the nine days. Take it one day at a time and feel free to check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to help you stick so being af.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome kp and congrats on day 9. Its day 7 for me.

Comment

Hi all!

Hello & welcome Kp & Iamfree!!!

MWO is a great place, lots of info & support available here
                Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here on the site.

Use the Tool box link above to great ideas to help you make your plans.
                Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support! We're always there lending a helping hand

Wishing you both the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome Kp1 and I Am Free to mow, You have come to a great community with lots of good advice and support from people who are/have been there,Read as many posts and thread as you can and ask any questions you want.Hope to see you around the forum and don't forget to check out the tool box thread in the monthly abstinence section.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome to you both! This place is a lifesaver. I have been on and off here for a few years now. Most recently I went 11 months no alcohol then had a bit of a mess up last month, but am back on track and so happy. The difference between having alcohol in your life and then out is amazing. Not that I do not strugle with the damn "oh one will not hurt voice" because I do, but I just take deep breaths, play with my kids, come on MWO whatever I need to do, and the urge passes. You can do this. It is totally worth it and the friends I have made here are priceless! Best of luck!
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome to you both ! This a great place to be surrounded by people in the same position as I am. Now on day four and asll going OK so far, although I thought I had a craving about an hour ago. Had a soft drink and now I feel fine. I do need some advice though. I slept well last night and didn't feel like I had been run over by a steamroller this morning ! However I am feeling tired in the evenings. Is this normal or will it pass ?

Comment

Hi all!

Welcome Kparty, Iamfree and Timpin!

You?ve found a great place for support, encouragement and advice. It?s such a relief to know you?re not alone in this, isn?t it? Whatever you?ve done or experienced, someone here has been through the same thing (or much worse). When you?re in the early stages of sobriety, you must be vigilant. Remember WHY you are doing this. Do not listen to the voice of the beast?I KNOW how hard this is, especially early on in your journey. My track record has so many stops and starts I can?t even keep track anymore. All I know is that for me, one drink will always hurt me. Always. I never let myself forget the anxiety, stress, embarrassment, disappointment, shame and regret that alcohol caused. And on the flip side, what did it ever DO for me? Nothing. What a selfish bastard! It takes, takes and then takes some more. Not much of a ?friend? is it?
                        Stay strong and keep coming here for encouragement and strength. Once you are honest with yourself, this gets much easier.
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all!

timpin;1205372 wrote: However I am feeling tired in the evenings. Is this normal or will it pass ?
                          Totally normal! You are making BIG changes and your body is trying to catch up. Be patient and listen to your body, when you're tired, sleep. I read somewhere that when you are first getting sober, you should treat yourself as if you have the flu. Pamper yourself and get lots of rest and liquids. Hang in there, you're doing great!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all!

Wow! Thanks so much everyone for your responses...I am heading over to the Newbies Nest...I jump around, all excited I gues..lol. I am so grateful. Just learning the joy of a true good night's sleep these days....

Comment

Working...
                            X