Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tibetan 5 Rites - Easy Peasy Magic Exercise

Hello FreeFly!!!!

I printed out short summary of 5 Tibetians but with full desription of exercises and photos.

i' ll try because i already know asanas, here just is very important repititions and continuity.

I have yoga expierience for 5 years and it really saved my life when i didn' t have money for good food or supplements or something else...

I studied Anusara yoga and i had wonderful teacher when i lived in Rome for 1 year.
    I completed 1 stage of training for yoga teacher but unfortanatelly i didn' t continue. But what i learned - it always stays with me...
    I have my own designed 2 various yoga sessions - short (30-40min) and long - 60 - 80 min.
    Here in Australia i have been very bad with my activities but even when i' m hungover i do minimum - pranayama in bed..better than nothing..When i'm sober - i'm happy to do my long sessions
    The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
    /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Audrey14;1227672 wrote: Hello FreeFly!!!!

I printed out short summary of 5 Tibetians but with full desription of exercises and photos.

i' ll try because i already know asanas, here just is very important repititions and continuity.

I have yoga expierience for 5 years and it really saved my life when i didn' t have money for good food or supplements or something else...

I studied Anusara yoga and i had wonderful teacher when i lived in Rome for 1 year.
      I completed 1 stage of training for yoga teacher but unfortanatelly i didn' t continue. But what i learned - it always stays with me...
      I have my own designed 2 various yoga sessions - short (30-40min) and long - 60 - 80 min.
      Here in Australia i have been very bad with my activities but even when i' m hungover i do minimum - pranayama in bed..better than nothing..When i'm sober - i'm happy to do my long sessions
      Hi Audrey,

Yoga has saved my life too. Been studying it for around 7 years now and I think I would have gone mad without it. My body & mind would definitely have been a wreck by now - got me through some very stressful periods in my life.

I've not heard of Anusara either - will check it out. I was really lucky to find a fantastic teacher and I still have her - she just can't retire, ever! You're very disciplined to keep up your sessions at home. That's why I find the rites so great - disciplined routine that works and has become a habit for me. Do you every fancy carrying on with the teacher training?
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FlyAway;1227659 wrote: I downloaded the book to my laptop and saw that he suggests adding 2 a week. Okay, I'm going to follow this. I'm going to have to pass on the celibate 6th rite though. :H
        :H Me too. Although I may as well have been doing it! We live in hope!

Comment

FreeFly;1227929 wrote: :H Me too. Although I may as well have been doing it! We live in hope!
          OMG! The book has shipped but I haven't received it yet...don't let my hubby read this or he'll intercept the mail! You guys are cracking me up!

I am definitely going to give this a go. I've done yoga on and off for lots of years - but never twirled around and around to start it off! Hope I don't fall!:bonkers: I don't think I've done that since I was 10
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

By the way, I twireled 21 times, no problem.....wheee. Who needs alcohol.:H:H

I'm doing a three hour QiGong class today and will report back!

Comment

I haven't much experience of yoga bugt i'm going to check this out. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Unwasted;1228022 wrote: By the way, I twireled 21 times, no problem.....wheee. Who needs alcohol.:H:H

I'm doing a three hour QiGong class today and will report back!

Now how did you manage to twirl 21 times? :nutso:

I have a Qi Gong DVD, but it drives me insane because they don't "mirror" the exercises. Meaning that when they say go to your right side, on the screen they're going to their
                right and not mine. It's easier for a home exerciser to mirror instructions. I try to follow this Qi Gong DVD, but it actually matters when you're doing exercises for your liver if you're working your left or right side. I've never taken a class, Qi Gong or yoga or otherwise, in person. I've always heard that it's best to do so, but it's tough with my work schedule. Fill us in on how the class goes!

Comment

How did the Qi Gong class go UW? I did it years ago and was pretty life changing at the time.

Fly, if you can get to a class you'll love it. I need the discipline of the class (and the wonderful teacher). My body and mind know that I'm going too so I go deeply within myself and recharge. I find that a little harder to do at home.

Comment

Well, I am disappointed to say that I didn't care for the class. We just sat in a chair the whole time and did movements to open the heart. It wasn't anything like I've seen on various websites (standing). Anyway, I think it was just the way this teacher chose to approach it, but I'll stick with the Yoga and meditation.

Comment

Unwasted;1228795 wrote: Well, I am disappointed to say that I didn't care for the class. We just sat in a chair the whole time and did movements to open the heart. It wasn't anything like I've seen on various websites (standing). Anyway, I think it was just the way this teacher chose to approach it, but I'll stick with the Yoga and meditation.
                      And you had 3 hours of it!!! Bad luck Unwasted - least you know not to go back there

Comment

FreeFly;1228783 wrote: How did the Qi Gong class go UW? I did it years ago and was pretty life changing at the time.

Fly, if you can get to a class you'll love it. I need the discipline of the class (and the wonderful teacher). My body and mind know that I'm going too so I go deeply within myself and recharge. I find that a little harder to do at home.
                        Well the good news is that I found a Buddhist center just a couple miles away from me! Who knew? They offer meditation classes, Tai Chi, Zen living classes, Reiki, etc. I can't wait to check them out!

Comment

FF - it's ok. I was glad to at least find something along that line offered nearby.

FA - lucky you - I'm having a hard time finding anything much less something close. Do you know if your teachers would be monks, or are they laypeople? I would try to find something out about them. Let us know what you learn - I'm not sure exactly what to look for but am finding that a true monk is very difficult to find as a teacher.

Comment

I was going to start a new thread about the Five Tibetans, but did a search and found this one from a couple years ago. There is a lot of good info here, so I'm bumping it for people who didn't see the original post.

I have just started doing the Five Tibetans this last week and the change in my energy level and mood has been profound. Here is a video that clearly explains how to do them: The Five Tibetans with Medicine Hunter Chris Kilham | The Dr. Oz Show
                            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                            X