Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11-11-11

Hi to a whole new goup of people!

I hope that we will become great friends. I am shaking and want to cry. Never thought I would join a group like this. Always feared that I might have to. Proud, stubborn and never show weakness... just drown it when nobody watches!

Last year 10-10-10 I married my high school sweet heart, just to realise a few months later that it will become my addiction death trap. All the talking of changing things resulted in simply more drinking and smoking. I asked him to leave and quit smoking 15 weeks ago. But now I am drinking more than ever...

Today, after reading your threads and someone mentioned 11-11-11(and marriage!!), I decided to make that my commitment date!

A little scared and very disappointed that I can't handle alcohol, but longing for my mouth not to hurt, bright eyes and steady hands... I have pretty much perfected hiding hangovers, but lately I fear that I might even reek!

Tomorrow...11-11-11...self love...comitted...all that stuff!

And just incase the 11s brings me luck, I'm going to buy a lotto ticket!

Till tomorrow...
    12-20-2012 AF
    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

11-11-11

Welcome Steady Hands

You've arrived at a great place. Everyone here
    has felt what you're feeling. I know I have.
    It's terrifying to think you may not be able to
    save yourself from a life of drinking.
    Seems that I've found some peace in this and
    many factors contributed.
    Possibly the biggest one is to realize you are
    a valuable person who deserves a good life.
    It's not your fault-you are not to blame that alcohol
    is a big issue for you. Not at all.
    My parents were alcoholics (both) and out of 7
    kids 4 are and 3 are not. I have read volumes
    on the subject and the reason is not clear.
    So count yourself as one of the many for whatever
    reason, and find what you need to beat it.
    I wish I could have found my way out ( literally)
    long ago and spared myself a LOT of grief.
    Sounds like you are young, and now that you see it
    you are ahead of the game. I still know people who are
    drunk every day and deny there's a problem.
    Treat yourself well. Good luck and hang in there.

Comment

11-11-11

SH - welcome! Just wanted to say hi and give you a link to the Tool Box which has lots of helpful ideas. Be sure to scroll through because things get buried.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Like Ann says, you'll be doing yourself a favor to save yourself sooner rather than later!

Best to you!

Comment

11-11-11

Thanks Ann & Unwasted

Support feels great!
        Will check out the tool box...
        12-20-2012 AF
        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

11-11-11

:welcome: SH!

Glad you found us, this place saved my life 2 1/2 years ago
          It is a good program, covers all the bases BUT you do have to make the commitment & do the work! We are here fto support you

A good place to start is by downloading the MWO book from the Health store here on th esite. it's full of info about the program. Then use the Tool box link above to read great ideas to help yuo make your plan.

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support
          Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

11-11-11

Welcome Steady! :welcome: This is a great place for support. I can't handle alcohol either. But I'm no longer disappointed about it. Life is better now than it's ever been. I hope it works that way for you too.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

11-11-11

Hi there...

The tool box looks great! Funny - I did a few of those things without google!
              I have a list....a looong one!
              And I do exercise! Not much, but I do.

Ann221 - Yes, I am 32 young and my biggest stop sign is my 2 (not one!!) unwanted, but dearly beloved, babies! High school sweet heart love...

"It's not your fault-you are not to blame that alcohol
              is a big issue for you. Not at all.
              My parents were alcoholics (both) and out of 7
              kids 4 are and 3 are not."

Thank you for that. My father was an alcoholic and my mother is till this day a functional drunk in denial!!
              I cannot and will not do the same to my children!!

Posting works! I don't feel alone anymore.
              12-20-2012 AF

Comment

11-11-11

Hi SH and welcome. You have definitely come to the right place. I am up to day 11 and after drinking for god knows how long this is the longest i have gone without a drink. Keep reading reading and reading and if temptation gets to you come back to this site. Lots of wisdom and love here and without these guys i would not have made it to day 2.

Only you can decide to give up AL as i have learnt and no one else. Just think no hangovers, no tremors, no bloated body, more motivation. I am getting all of those now and each day it is a pleasure to wake up.

good luck and as you can see we are all here in different stages of being AF
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

11-11-11

hey Molly,
                  Good to see you
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

11-11-11

Thank you everyone!

Went to the park this morning for a nice long walk. Talked to myself about what I want my life to be and how today is the beginning of it.

I have decided to keep playing with the numbers and make going AF till 12-12-12 my goal. My previous attempt (quit for a month) did slow me down, but after 3 weeks I was out of control again... A looong break is what I need. And I hope by then I will be so at ease that I will keep to being AF.

Your accomplishments inspire me! Whish I was on day 11! And looking forward to feeling physically great.

May you all have agreat day!

SH
                    12-20-2012 AF

Comment

11-11-11

Good day Molly

Yes, putting numbers to a goal makes it so much more real. And putting it on a website where others can follow it makes it VERY real! Probably why it workes. I want to get through this first night (know I'm just gonna stare at the ceiling!) and then change my signature tomorrow + put my goal up.
                      "Silly", but it plays with your mind!

May your signature never change again!

SH
                      12-20-2012 AF

Comment

11-11-11

Have a good day SH!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

11-11-11

Hi you all!

Just want to say I survived the first night! Ate chocolates (that I never do) and drank a lot of ginger ale for the burn...
                          Turned about a 1000 times and didn't sleep much. Tired, but hopeful and proud!!

Read a lot in the newbie nest before I went to bed that I am sure will pull me through daily.
                          Just seriously want to coplete my lists...

Best to all of you reading this!
                          12-20-2012 AF

Comment

Working...
                          X