Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...what did you tell them about the quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone that asks gets the same answer :

"I've quit because I realised it's as addictive and bad for you as smoking, and I don't ever want to drink again."

Whatever they want to translate that into is up to them.

Comment

I will tell them I have switched to smoking pot and ask them if they have any??? Because I am a Smart A$$, and it is better for you than drinking and then go on tirade about how bad AL is and how many peoples' good lives it affects in a more than negative way, and.....Then I will wake up, and snap out of it....and I will simply say "I do not care for the way it makes me feel".

p.s. I don't smoke anything..just being cheeky.

Comment

Lavande;1207576 wrote: It just seems to me that everyone saw me in my 'drinking glory' they should be able to figure out why I am no longer drinking - duh!
        That was true for me too. Most people were really pleased I had stopped drinking. Some people pressed me to drink (and of course they were the ones with a problem themselves).

Prairie, tell people whatever you feel comfortable with. It differed for me depending on who I was telling. Sometimes I said it was for health reasons, sometimes I told the truth. Now I just say I don't drink and that's that!

windy;1207819 wrote:
        I will tell them I have switched to smoking pot and ask them if they have any???
        :H:H:H
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
        X