keep messing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep messing up

why have i been "blessed" with this problem....i am not able to handle it. i just keep messing up. i have had two really bad weekends of binging. i mean really really messing up. Bruises, fire, barely coming home, peeing on the couch. i hate myself. i have a great life and it is just a matter of time before something goes really wrong. i do not want to drink but i do not know who i am sober.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

keep messing up

Oh sweetheart ... Big hugs. I am new here myself, just on Day 7.

I truly believe that people who get all the shit in life thrown at them are actually the ones who CAN handle it. You just can't see it now. Everything happens for a reason, whether that's to teach yourself something, or so that you can later teach others, I don't know. What I do know that is you've made a brave step coming here and asking for support, that's something amazing, so be proud of yourself for that. Many people carry on denying they have a problem and never face up to it, but you are.

There's a toolbox part here somewhere which is really helpful, but I'm not sure exactly where it is - perhaps one of the older members can direct you to it. Keep posting and talking about what you're thinking/feeling - I can guarantee so many other people will have felt/ are feeling the same as you.

Try The Nest - which is where all the new joiners are. It's good to talk to others who are at the same stages as yourself. Take care x

Comment

keep messing up

starfairy,

Truly there is nothing to fear but fear itself!
      I had no idea whatsover who I would be as a non-drinking & non-smoking adult!
      The thing is ~ you can make yourself into anything you really want! Look at this as a new beginning, a chance to restart your life sans the bad stuff.

Go back to the Tool box, grab what you need & make yourself a good strong plan. Just do it, you have nothing to lose!

Work up a strong desire to take back control of your life, You can do it, lots of us have!
      Drop in the Newbies thread & share your plan, we'll support you

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

keep messing up

Hi starfairy. We are not bad people trying to get good. We are sick people trying to get well! I agree with Lav - take a look at the toolbox and make a plan. Today is a new day.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

keep messing up

We are here for each other - come to the nest. Lav and Byrdie have waist belts and butt Velcro for when we are close to falling out. And if they are not online - one of us will be. We have been there for each other - it's what we do. :-)
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

keep messing up

Hi Star, its great that you have come on here, there is lots of help and support, and lots of ways of going about sorting yourself out, dont despair, have a good look all around this site and think about what YOU want to do for yourself, your past drinking (truthfully) and where you would like to be in the future. dont panic you dont have to do this now, let the awful feelings go for a while first and just look after you. Its time to start being kind to yourself, and you have already started by coming on here. I usually use the meds section here, but there are lots of us all doing different things to get the same goal, a good happy life Good luck and take care

Comment

keep messing up

hi star I'm in the same boat and need to try again and get my life back I've made a mess because of my drinking but by the same token i gave everyone the reason to blame me I don't handle problems well at all and can't explain things properly and make a bigger mess and people just walk over me

Comment

Working...
              X