Too embarrassed to visit the nest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF- don't be embarrassed to come back to the nest. Like unwasted said, we have all screwed up. I've never met anyone who said 'Today and for the rest of my life, I will not drink" and did just that. No one is judging you, no one is thinking you are weak or that you are bad. I am thinking you are human and slips happen to the best of us. What you need to do is get right back to where you were and learn from this slip. Don't think of it as a failure, but rather think of it as a stepping stone to reach your ultimate goal. Don't ever give up and don't ever be too embarrassed to come back to the nest!
    "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
    Goal 1- 3 days al free
    Goal 2- 7 days al free
    Goal 3- 1 month al free
    Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Hey freefly. First I want to say that I am and have been very impressed that you do keep coming back. I think it shows that deep down you really do want to quit.

Also there are still times that it would take alot of strength on my part- to not drink if it was readily available. I do believe that I would be able to reason out of it but I have almost 90 days of practice :-)

It sounds like you did excellent tonight and would have continued to do so if there was no booze around in your home... Is that a possibility?

You're doing great so far as long as you continue to learn from your mistakes.
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

lolab;1230801 wrote: Hey freefly. First I want to say that I am and have been very impressed that you do keep coming back. I think it shows that deep down you really do want to quit.

Also there are still times that it would take alot of strength on my part- to not drink if it was readily available. I do believe that I would be able to reason out of it but I have almost 90 days of practice :-)

It sounds like you did excellent tonight and would have continued to do so if there was no booze around in your home... Is that a possibility?

You're doing great so far as long as you continue to learn from your mistakes.
        Thanks LolaB - appreciate the thoughts. This place does make me accountable and I'm going to keep coming here as I'm determined to quit this thing (deep down like you say). I really really don't want to take it into 2012 and you know what, I'm not going to. Yep you're right about no booze in the house, will do. Just wish the shops didn't have any either - would make things sooo much easier. Thanks to UW & CanGirl - support helps so much :h
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The only way you can fail is if you quit trying. :l

Comment

Freefly,

If you only knew how many false starts I have had you would be amazed. The important thing is that you keep coming back here and keep trying. Think about your slips and come up with a new plan as many times as necessary. You must keep tweaking it to get it personal and right just for you as we are all different, but you must keep revising your plan and concentrating on the very negative aspects of drinking. Keep doing that and one day it will be THE DAY.

Comment

Hello all, i am just stalking MWO now, well for the time being until my mother goes home. the al is in the house and i am failing dismally but in saying that when mother does go home mid january it will be a fresh start. I am not drinking as much as i was so that is a positive. everyday is NOT hangover day.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy christmas and i'll be seeing you all in the new year, driving you all nuts with posts.

take care xxxxx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
              X