New here and feeling really low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here,. Yesterday was bad, what was supposed to be fun turned into blackout drunkenness and me embarrassing myself.now I can't get out of bed and I have severe panic. Also a huge case of the "what-ifs"

Can anyone relate? Help?

Hi Anna :welcome:

Firstly, don't beat yourself up! Seriously, all will be well and you've found a fantastic place. I fell on that wretched wagon last night and hurt myself but my new friends here are helping me move forward. There's loads of support and wise advice. You'll soon feel less panicky as lots of lovely people will drop by your thread and offer support. Go jump in the newbies nest too. Hang in there and just be kind to yourself today. Here's a big hug from me :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Thanks. I'm just super paranoid. My friend told me how weird I was acting and of courses wonder what else I did, and when it's going to come bite me in the ass. Who else did i piss off, etc. thank god I was too drunk to dial my phone and I didn't drive.

What do you do when you want to drink? How do you Change your mind set?
      A

Comment

Hi Anna,

Well, coming here has been amazing for me. I've had some false starts but the people here are so non-judgemental that I've begun not beating myself up! I only do that when boozing - in fact I'm beginning to realise it's old childhood conditioning, and in fact booze is the only thing that can keep it alive - if that makes sense.

As to when I successfully have an AF day - I tend to distract myself. I've become much more creative (I've upcycled furniture and taken up sewing again), I walk, I read, cook - anything to ignore that flippin voice telling me otherwise.

Lots of people have found Jason Vale's Kick the Drink book helps and there's a thread on here you can read. There's also a toolbox with lots of advice. And I listen to the wise souls on here and accept all their encouragement You can do this Anne, you'll see and you'll feel sooo much better. No more paranoia

Comment

Anna...we have ALL been where you are...most of us more than once. Post and read...post and read....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thank you. What wouldit be like to not have paranoia? I feel like paranoia is good planning.
            It's hard, and I feel all alone.

Can someone send me a link to the list of vitamins, etc that I need to get with the proper dosage amount?

Comment

Welcome Anna. You have come to the right place. As CB said, don't beat yourself up. We have all been there, done that. My mindset was changed after I had a horrible evening at a party I hosted and barely got to the bathroom as the last guest left. I decided then that the al had to go. It really scared me when I woke up in the bathroom and didn't know where I was. I found this site and after reading many posts went to the tool section found under monthly abstinence (someone will post it for you so you can click on it if you don't find it. I am not computer savvy enough to do it for you). But I wrote down all of the reasons I wanted to quit and a list of tools to help me when the urges came. I continue to update this list as things pop into my head. I read them from time to time to remind me of why I am quitting. Also, I never forget the ugly. I never forget what it gets like for me and how awful I feel in the morning and how I upset my hubby. I also come here daily. I don't post all that often but I come here to gain strength, especially when the monster starts whispering in my ear. I am now on day 23 and I feel great. I had headaches for about a week but those went away. I was not a daily drinker. I kept it down to about 3 when I drank with my hubby. My downfall is at parties or when we are with a few people. I do not have a turn off switch so I know I cannot drink in those environments. Concentrate on your triggers and try to avoid them and find something to substitute those times when the witching hour comes. So many of us have those certain times when we drink. Go for a walk or eat something. The important thing is, is that you came here and you want to change. That is a HUGE step. You will find so much support. Go crawl into the newbies nest. You will find Lav and Byrdie there to get you all tucked in. Take care.
              "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

I can't really navigate in the newbies nest.

Comment

You could just post reply as you're doing here and the nesters will come find you, and yes. as Mighty says, Lav & Byrdie will tuck you in nicely

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html Here's the link. And then just go to the last page for the most recent posts. Hope this helps.
                    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Anna123;1208376 wrote: I'm new here,. Yesterday was bad, what was supposed to be fun turned into blackout drunkenness and me embarrassing myself.now I can't get out of bed and I have severe panic. Also a huge case of the "what-ifs"

Can anyone relate? Help?
                      :welcome: Anna to mwo, stopping drinking is not easy as we all here can tell you,But it can be done,read as many posts & threads as you can,ask any questions you want and make your self a plan and goal.hope to see you around the boards goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

welcome anna and good luck, u have come to the right site. now i recommend u read marios story that will bring a tear to your eye and motivation no end. You are a treasure mario and an inspiration. read the stories and know u r not alone. i had a bit of a relapse on the weekend but nothing like i used to drink. we all just get up and keep going. i know those 6 glasses i had on the weekend were not 6 bottles so i know i can do this and be AL free.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Anna, I'm new too. Joined last week and got to Day 7, then slipped up. Back on Day 1 today, but it's been fine. What do I do when I want to drink? Distract myself or if I can't do that well enough, I come on here and read. It really helps to know I'm not alone and others have been through/are going through the same things as me. Take care and see you in the Nest x

Comment

Thanks guys!

I dragged my ass out of bed and went on some work appointments. Feeling much better now. The last thing I want, is for my work to suffer. I know it has many times in the past.

Comment

feeling low

we are both in the same boat and we are both struggling but we are still staying sober:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X