Voices of Alcoholism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voices of Alcoholism

Hi all! I haven't posted in a very long time! I hope everyone is well and staying strong. I am currently reading a book that I wanted to recommend. 'Voices of Alcoholism'. It has several stories from alcoholics and also stories from the people it effects. Check it out if you can. I'll try to start checking in more! Love you all, Jewels

Voices of Alcoholism

Hi Molly! I also recommend Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife and Drinking: A Love Story. Both great reads. I myself am still struggling with my drinking. I still manage to keep my job and pay my bills, but I know it's getting worse. I really am not into AA and don't think I'm at a point where detox or rehab is nessasary. I'm not physically addicted (yet). It is all in my head. Boredom, loneliness aretha triggers. And since I live alone and am single, I struggle with that. When Im working or have a lot going on, I find that drinking and smoking cigarettes doesn't even cross my mind. I'm still working on a way to fill in the weekends and most evenings. I hope your doing well! Keep in touch! PM me if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm going to try to start checking in everyday. Hugs.

Comment

Voices of Alcoholism

Jewels, if you are not physically addicted, then what's the struggle? Just don't drink.

I know that sounds sort of smart a$$ and I don't mean it to be. Just looking at that statement from the outside looking in....it doesn't make sense.

We need to challenge each other for the truth. And if the truth is that it's NOT physical, then it truly shouldn't be difficult to make some changes. Get a gym membership, sign up for a class, do some volunteer work - there are tons of choices to not be home and bored and drinking. So if it's really just boredom, then the solution is easy.

The good news is that each of us can test that theory and discover our own truths.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X