Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First day back after several years gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NELZ!! REALLY !!! 180 days sober!! WOW!!!! That's incredible! I'm starting day 1 tomorrow..scared to death...but maybe I can look at your avatar...I love motorcycles..and I'll get strength..by the way, Cookie Monster was my hero as a child....and I was always a daredevil!.
    You must feel so amazing right now...I've gone a few days, 6,7,8....and started feeling good..but 180 days..I can't imagine how good you must feel...I can't wait to feel that feeling. Thanks for the welcome!!...SS

Comment

SS, just wanted to welcome you. Maybe the upside of your marriage ending will be your ability to get sober since you'll be away from an alcoholic husband? Never easy, though, I know.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Hi ss and welcome, I really have to do this , I keep saying I will but always find a reason to drink by the evening.I used to drink half a bottle but it's crept up to a whole one and sometimes more, hate waking up feeling so vile,I have lots of health issues at the moment and use the al as self medication but it doesn't work and with all the drugs Im on I am sure it makes me feel worse, today is day one, already thinking of excuses to drink tonight, anyway sorry to waffle on, everyone here is so supportive,love and hugs Twitch xxx

Comment

Hey Twitch...I'm right here with you...Day 1...you sound exactly like me. I have lots of health issues too and I'm pretty sure it's because of the drinking. I used to be the picture of health but after years of this, I'm on meds for lots of things. I've gone 8 days without drinking and my blood pressure immediately goes down, I start to feel so much better...why can't I learn? I have a chronic back problem which is why I started self medicating, so I understand that part.
          Day 1 Twitch....we can do this....love and hugs back at yaxxx SS

Comment

Working...
          X