Just starting out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out.

I stumbled across this forum at random & have to say it has been such an inspiration. I'm 30 & have spent the last 15+ years at the bottom of the bottle but reading all these stories of people who are trying to make progress makes me feel so great & that maybe i'll be able to start making changes too.

I read the 'you know you're an alcoholic when..' topic from start to finish. I cried a lot but I laughed a lot too. I related to so many of the stories. Too many I think.

That was a couple days ago. I was AF for 3 days (more than I've been in years). Had some things come up and had a few drinks today (less than normal at least...?) but I know I'm not alone and it doesn't make me the failure I always thought I was when I've tried before.

Tomorrow is day one of many. The next day might be too, but I'll deal with that when it comes, and hope & pray that it's not and will stick.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for your honesty & for sharing your stories & support. The world is a better place because of you, really.

Just starting out.

Hi Gorlax!

:welcome: You are at the right place to change your drinking habits.

I am 32 and also spent +- 15 years with waaaay toooo muuuuch AL!!

Come say hello in the newbies nest. It is a great place for support.

All the best for you today!
    12-20-2012 AF
    Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Just starting out.

Hi and welcome Gorlax and hi to steady hands.

MWO is a great community with lots of great support and advice from people who are/were you are now in your fight against this monster.Keep reading and posting your thoughts as the more you interact with the people here the more you will feel and have more confidence in your fight also check out the tool box thread in the monthly absence thread and remember you are not alone and we all have/are being there and no exactly what your going through.good luck and hope to see you around the forum.
      Also Well done steady hands on your progress so far.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
      X