Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I drink every day but I'm not an alcoholic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi J..nice to meet you! and thanks for your support...I'm calling my friend tomorrow and coming clean..and taking my own drinks. She has no choice but to understand-or uninvite me...but she's not the type to do that..she's just a huge partier and loves to drink and for everyone else to do the same.
    I just saw your AF date...AMAZING ! Congrats on that...I'm almost thru day one and feeling good...no cravings and hopeful for now. It's usually after 7-8 days that are the most dangerous...I feel so good that I want to celebrate..so I'll definitely be looking here for support...as well as on Thanksgiving.
    Thanks again for your kind words...warm hugs...SS

Comment

Hi SS

I read the whole post and find it interesting. A lot of similarities...

I asked my husband to leave 4 months ago and quit smoking the same time. I was justs fed up with abuse - any form of it!! BUT I kept on drinking...
      I was very sad that my second marriage (also!) failed - even though I knew it was killing me!!
      He also drinks every day and don't think there is anything wrong with it. (His whole family does and so does mine...) But he did manage to cut back quite a lot since we broke up, but I know it is just a phase to "show" me something.

With the quit smoking I drank a lot more. This got my sisters angry and worried. I lashed out!!! All the time I was falling apart they were right there drinking along.....using me as an excuse to drink and a place to drink. So, it ended when my mother asked me to be out of town for Christmas, because my sisters don't want to see me. (about a week after I quit AL). This leaves me with the only option to go on holiday with my ex. We have 2 small children and I don't want to miss holiday time with them either. So, it kinda works...

By that time I'll be more than a month AF... Being with his family on holiday is like being in alkie paradise!! I have to get my guards up!! So, I started on Saturday by telling that the docter mentioned colitis and I have to avoid spicy foods and alcohol and blah, blah, blah... And I am going to fake tummy aches too!!!

I am in the same mind set as Mollyka.... nothing will bring me of my AF!! F@CK my sisters!! I had too many failed attempts where they helped me right into the hell hole again!! F@CK my ex!! Hope AL gives him the love he needs!!

And here is one of my BIG reasons for staying AF...(besides my children)...
      I now have the opportunity to meet a real man who really adores ME. Not a numbed up, blacked out version of me....ME!!!:h

Wouldn't that be great???
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Hey Steady...stay strong Sweetie...I'm trying. I'm only on day 2 1/2...I say F@ck him one minute and I'm sad the next..I am strong one second and want to drink the next...I might do what you are doing...I'll tell my friend I'm on med and can't drink...

And right on sister...we both now have the opportunity to meet someone who adores us...but this time , we'll be sober and know better than to be with someone who drinks all the time....but right now, meeting someone is the LAST thing on my mind!! I've got alot of work to do to get back to liking myself..

We can do this..and congrats on your weeks of AF....can't wait to get there....warm hugs..xxx,,,SS

Comment

Working...
        X