Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All are welcome to give Thanks...

:welcome:

There are many things to be thankful for - and as all of us are at different stages -thinking of quitting, which day, week, or (I wish) year into the quit - that our thanks may be quite different.

So - asking our non-US counterparts to play along and join us - what are you giving thanks for on this journey?

:thanks:
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Ok being a non us counterpart I'll give it a go! Firstly I'm thankful for this site and all the kind messages I have received in my short time here. I'm thankful for friends. For the capacity to love. For my crazy ideas and my love of cooking. And I'm thankful that I will wake up sober tomorrow and that my tomatoes are growing like crazy!
    45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
    New day 1- 9 January !
    Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

This year I am giving thanks for this community - without whom I would not have had the support to quit.

I didn't want to go anywhere else. Someone is here if I wake up in the middle of the night, when I drink my coffee, when my trigger time hits, to cheer me on and to smack me when I need it.

You let me give back - which I need to do too.

So - with you, some supplements and Hypnos - I did this cold turkey. Like so many of you did which is what gave me courage when I was scared.

You have given me the support I needed to have clear headed conversations at night with family and friends, mornings free of hang overs, better skin and health (already) and hope - even in devastatingly difficult times. Someday when I can - I will share the subtext of how many other things are going on that honestly make the job thing almost a side note - important because income and a roof are important - but a side note. But I can't now.

Suffice it to say - I needed to do this. And I needed you. So - this year - I give thanks to you. I give thanks for Day 28. I give thanks that today I was stronger than AL.
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

i'm grateful for this site. it has become such a life-line.
        i'm grateful for my animals, as they keep me sane & give me purpose.
        i'm grateful for the opportunity to get free from this addiction.

Comment

Working...
        X