Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TREES

I have posted this before

If a trees soil becomes dry or low in valuable minerals it cant pull up its roots and move to a better place.
    Instead, the Tree spreads its roots deeper & wider seeking fertile ground It makes the surrounding soil richer by dropping dead branches and leaves to mulch the ground below. It remains firm in the wind bends but doesn't break under the weight of ice & snow and gives shade shelter & nourishment to the ground below,
    Beginning tonight if we think of ourselves as trees firmly placed,We can learn to grow no matter how difficult it may seem, Such growth can erich our lives and makes us stronger so we dont break with the weight of problems or difficulties, We too, can be as strong and as enduring as Trees....We can learn to move with the winds of change & bend with the weight of difficulties-and still stand tall & firm.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

TREES

Thank you Mario

I was just thinking about this kind of analogy yesterday after one of the guys on a thread mentioned buying a small rose plant.

When we start off our AF journey we are like a fragile sapling unsure if we can weather the knocks from the wind and rain aka the outside world where AL is abundant. But underneath that fragile plant, roots are forming, we are listening to what others have been through, we are forging plans for new AF lives, somewhere our inner voice is being heard telling us we can do this. Everyday our roots get stronger and we reach up for that glimmer of sunlight which is the joyous life of sobriety.

There will always be challenges against the elements but that never stops us wanting to grow into the beautiful rose tree we can be.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

TREES

Wonderful Mario and Chill, thank you xx
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

TREES

Great post Mario ... and when one is an oak tree s/he is strongest too
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

TREES

Lovely post Mario! I have always admired the gracefulness and longevity of trees. I love the way your post was written...thank you for sharing
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

TREES

Hi Mario!

Love the post!
            I realised yesterday after a visit at my mom's that in order for me to stay AF, more will have to change.
            I am the middle child and has been the family middle man forever!! This role peaked when my parents divorced and has calmed down after my father died. But every time there is a wave/change in the family I am called in as mediator. (or they look me up at my house and drink my wine while I have to sort things out and make them feel better!!)

Yesterday I wanted to do nasty calls and defriend them from facebook!! This morning I asked myself over and over what am I going to do?? And now coming together with your post I know I will be friendly and kind and FULLSTOP! The rest they have to do for themselves.

Spreading my roots for better nutrition and taking care of the place I stand.
            I am stronger than AL!!
            12-20-2012 AF
            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

TREES

I wanna be a tree! Thanks Mario
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

TREES

Good stuff. Thanks!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

TREES

Thank you Mario. My pastor said something similar in church and it's such a beautiful way to look at our lives.
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                  X