Help - Alien is winning tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not succumb - yet - someone remind me why we stay strong because the job sitch has me in a state...

Am getting close to home, empty place, and my wine store. Need reinforcement stat...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

All I can tell you, is that the sorrow you will feel tomorrow morning is NOT worth the little bit of satisfaction you "may" get from drinking.

Get ya some seltzer water, tea, find anything at all to drink as a substitute to help surf the urge. You can do it, and you will thank yourself tomorrow.

Redirect those thoughts anyway you can.....sending you much strength.....and the coveted Nelzstar, cuz I know you can do it.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1716608=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

PF~

We all know it's not easy but it is doable. Fast forward to this time tomorrow, how would you feel if you succumbed tonight.

Have a look through this thread. Try and have a go at all of them.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-53608.html

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi PF

That little monster in your head has nearly got you convinced ! Don't let him get his way or he has won. If you beat him now, you will beat him next time. I'd like to wish you good luck, but luck doesn't come into it. Resist that drink and you win and his luck runs out, plus you'll feel good about yourself tomorrow. Stay safe.

Comment

If you bought some prairie it's not too late to change your mind
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

I didn't buy it - got the coconut seltzer and herbal teas - now if I stay occupied I'll be ok. I have a several episodes of my favorite show I haven't seen on DVD, multiple chapters of Jason Vale and new 600 page book - plus emergency calls into several friends.

And my hypnos...

I realized in the parking lot I hadn't eaten in too long- blood sugar had WHACKED - so the emergency high dose chewable Glutamine was whipped out. 15 minutes later the wave was surfed...I could walk past the wine aisle on my way to my dinner without turning right - to my regret.

Between everything I SHOULD be ok - but if I head to disaster - I'll be back...
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yea... I'm proud of you. I didnt use the hypno but between you Greg and lav I am a believer!!!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Prairie, hang in there...We all know you can do it and make it through this. Kick that f'in alien in the butt and out your door into the cold dark night. He has no business screwing up yours or anybody else's life.

That being said, that stupid alien is bugging me also tonight. Had a hair raising ride to and from visiting my parents...so many folks driving crazy on the road. Really wanted to come home and do a shot, but took some calms forte. I will be going out to get some GABA as soon as I can this week. Thanks Prairie for the heads up on that.

Got a pizza in the oven...and a headache. I am really surfing the urge now and almost shaky...
                Breathe......

Please stay in the fight with us...I will fight too tonight.
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

PF... evening when you are fighting the urge you are inspiring.. you have tremendous personal strength it comes through in all your posts even when you were taking about wanting to eat the carpet .. you are able to express in words what so many feel but can't really articulate.. we ride your ups and downs with you cause we have them too... Remember you are stronger than AL
                  Belle ... you hang into.. get the L glut out and take some more calms forte and eat ... and you too are stronger than AL

Comment

I rode the F'er out BelleGirl - threw the daytime subliminal Hypnos on as loud as I could in the car, thought about everyone I would let down, realized I hadn't eaten in too long and way too much caffeine plus way too much emotional distress. Popped the GABA earlier in the ride - that helped the anxiety but NOT the craving...

I grabbed the emergency stash of the more expensive but more powerful/faster acting L-Glut chewies for
                    GNC (taste gritty but work so who cares) which hit bloodstream lickety split - and 10 minutes later - the combo of all interventions had things largely under control.

Do you have any l-Glut at all? It may take the edge off--- even kudzu? Can't say kudzu has done diddly for me but hey - if it works for you - more power to you. I'm for whatever works...

I even whipped out my pheromone wax melts (emergency and all) - which are expensive at $2 a tart - but in a small room you can cut it in half...not everyone believes in pheros but all I can say is the wax melts with tranquility potion in the spa mint? If I am out of my head stressed/triggered? Worth it.

Got one just filling up the room with yumminess right now.

I am as chilled as I can get without a glass of red - which let's face it was going to lead to a shitty tomorrow - and a potentially shitty tonight.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Whoo hoo...PF!! So happy you made it. The calms forte seemed to kick in as I started eating the pizza. So I will be OK now. I haven't tried l-Glut yet, as my cravings are more anxiety based so I look first to finding remedies for anxiety. I will def go out and look for the GABA on monday.

I'm happy to say that I did not succumb to the xanax tonight either. My real fear is that when the xanax is gone, and if nothing else works, I will hit the bottle again. Really, really afraid of that...
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

No - you won't. We will find a combination of things that will chill you out so you won't. :-). We just have to figure out what that is...

I saw some other amino's in the mood modulator section...will do some digging tomorrow.

I do know that if you can find a tea that has both passion flower and chamomile in it - it will help. Valerian is a relaxant as well - sold by RX in Germany - BUT in a tea - smells like the dirtiest of socks. If you can get it down? Wow- you are superwoman.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

I recommend going to a af restaurant like McDonalds and buy a pop or water......then use it as an excuse to not stop at the wine store because you already have a drink. And when you can read through this https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ght-53709.html and listen to the music. Also you could also read this and remind yourself why you shouldn't drink https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hen-23467.html
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Way to ride it out PF!
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

PF I'm so happy you didn't give in!
                              I gave in 2 nights ago after 10 weeks sober, I had 2 glasses of wine and wanted more , but no one else was reordering and I didn't want to look bad so I didn't order another. Though I was hoping someone would say " let's have another."
                              Thank the lord no one did because I felt crappy after a couple of hours , and even more so the next morning. I'm back on the sober path now, however I told myself tonight that I don't have a problem and that I could drink !! And I know i only thought that because I drank the other night. Somehow when it gets into your system it wrecks your head even more.
                              So congrats , you should be very very proud of yourself. Tomorrow morning you will be so happy .
                              I am the master of my fate . I am the captain of my soul.

Had 10 weeks AF from 9-11-11 to 11-24-11

AF since 2/20/12

Goal no.1 - 1 week DONE !

Goal no.2 - 2 weeks.

Goal no.3 - 30 days.

Gaol no.4 - 10 weeks .

Comment

Working...
                              X