Help - Alien is winning tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good on both of you, prarie and belle girl.
    it helps so much to read about your struggles and how you deal with getting through.
    i'm just starting so its easy-- after having felt so terrible. i know it will come again, though--this alien, urge, craving--and in the past i haven't been very good at kicking its butt.
    i love the list of 150 things to do, one!
    and also your words, saoirse. i haven't made it anywhere near 10 wks sober, but i did manage to moderate for awhile and thought that meant i could drink normally.

now i am beginning day 3 and feel grateful and a bit proud of myself for taking the necessary steps to begin. i'm so on one day at a time. i keep remembering anyone can get through one day. and if not one day, one hour. baby steps.

Comment

So glad you both kept safe & sure you feel a million tines better today than you would had you opted for the alternative. Promise it gets better x
      AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Hi everyone -

I woke up early this morning - but after the thrill of last night - decided an early morning course of reinforcement Hypnos were overdue - which meant I was so relaxed I got an extra 3 hours of sleep when I was done.

I think with the quit, the healing the body is trying to do (as evidenced by how much better my skin looks) the job, there's some really rotten stuff in the person life, and the flipping holiday temptations - my body had enough. This holiday season is really going to trip a lot of triggers isn't it?

So - thank you to everyone your suggestions and wishes to hang on.

You were all right about one thing - waking up today if I broken? I would be devastated instead of just tired.

So thank you - thank each of you - for helping make sure I had enough push from behind to help grit this one out. Having you here when it feels impossible helps make it possible.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hi Bell and PF

Good job done and well done to both of you. Let's all keep this going now !

Comment

Well Done Belle, and PF, well done, waking up today and getting another X on that calender instead of starting all over........cant say it enough, WELL DONE
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thanks Nelz - this one was hard earned. ODAT. But yes - waking up not on Day 1? Thank God. I'd have been devastated.
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yes, it is good to wake up and not be on Day 1, right PF? We did good, though I think you have a lot more pressure on you. You 'da (wo)man! Kicking that alien butt like that.:thumbs:
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

I found some stuff that says L-Theonine is a relaxant. I bought some to test. I am trying to put together mechanical things and am having a tantrum so I can't tell you that it works but on the other hand - this is NOT a fair trial.

If it works - I'll let you know BelleGirl - I am stressed to the MAX! I could puke about tomorrow
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

PF, I'll be sending vibes of strength to you tomorrow. I used to work at a very large (ex-Fortune 500) company where layoffs were on-going...for years. Nobody ever got used to it, it was always horrible, obviously for those losing jobs, and horrible for others to watch wonderful people let go...and wonder when their number would come up. I finally threw in the towel and took a voluntary separation as my kids were young...and I didn't want to wait until the asked me to go.

I'll also be sending you vibes of courage...but somehow I think you have plenty of that. You have shown so much chutzpah lately I am sure you will come through A-OK.

Thanks for looking out for me re: the relaxants. You are so kind.
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

BelleGirl - I am doing it for the both of us... :-)

I don't want us to get separated...we are in this together.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X