Trying To Stop Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying To Stop Day One

Piper and Guy - what about meditation/Buddhism (they don't pray to a god). It's a way to tap into our inner strength. You might want to check it out - has been helping me a lot. I'm 15 days AF today.

Guy, re what to say to others about your drunk talk - the truth? That alcohol changes who you are. Not much else you can do. That and getting sober so they'll see the real you.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Have to do this , I have done a 4 month off time in the past that the longest so far.. Piper123 i too have not found the AA meetings not too helpful. I did go to some with a friend and it helped somewhat but since i suffer from anxiety the person moderating the meeting would always stare at me and did this to others to get them to speak i beleive? , since I had been there already 3 times and did not want to share my story. So i felt akward being in that setting, tryed a different one that was somewhat better but had to drive for miles.
      Thanks

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

How are you doing? Are you going to try to make today day one? I am grieving over the loss of my dog and after drinking last night, I know I can't do it any more. I am just so full of anxiety and hurt. The drinking made it so much worse.

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Hey NC guy

I'm in the same area-I live in Cary. Sounds like you are where I was not long ago.
          THe first days are very hard; I was surprised that I felt pretty bad. I knew I was getting way oot of hand but I never had such withdrawal symptoms before. Just an indicator that
          it was the right time to stop!
          I don't know anything about the meds, baclofen or anything else. My opinion is that Ativan would help, though there are people who think that no sedative type drugs are appropriate.
          I disagree.
          Hang in there. Keep us posted with your situation. Good luck!

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Hello Piper sorry to hear that, my ex after my divorce took all my dogs so i sorta can relate. I am trying to stop. PM me
            ALso Ann I am close to Cary. You can PM me too if you want I love to make new friends who share somewhat of a same story.
            but If you all do not want I appreciate the help I receive

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Maybe

Hi Aguyfromnc,

Also worried about you. As you don't have a problem seeking medical help, why not consider asking for a 5 day inpatient detox? Your intake seriously indicates high risk and the supervised meds would see you through the danger period (5 days) rather than mixing a cocktail of something you have been given and something you have "left over". I know people drink while taking bac but the other (was it Atavan?) could be a problem with AL.

I too wish I could have started AF at your age. I too never found AA to be helpful. You could research Smart Recovery which is cognitive therapy based and if there are no groups in your area perhaps access it online.

Keep trying!

Keep coming here and posting.
              " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Hello Willowfrond
                Thanks for your reply. You are totally right I may need that. There is a place I have in mind if It gets too bad.. Last time I did it i was shaking so bad I could hardly walk after day 2 of no alcahol.
                If I feel any worse in the morning I will then just go to detox center. My heart will not stop racing. It is so scary, but some tell me its normal with AW. This is the worst so far.

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

AG - I really hope you'll get some help. AW is dangerous! Thinking of you.:l

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Yes AG AW is very dangerous I would go to a 5 day detox.

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Thanks, I am still hanging in there as I can not get myself to go back to a detox center. If it gets any worse I will seek it! I am somewhat getting better, just the shaking and headaches, I am looking up natural ways also to detox. AL is poision. This is not where I wanted to be , but i dont ask for a pity party. Just want to post to let others read and see what this stuff can do.

Comment

Trying To Stop Day One

Guy, sounds like you're being careful - that's really good. Best to you.:l

Comment

Working...
                        X