this has to end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this has to end

I was given a great tip which works. Don't think of it as having given up alcohol forever, just think 'I'm not going to drink today'. Then you can do the same the next day. And you'll find the days soon mount up. Take it one day at a time. Take it fifteen minutes at a time if you need to. You'll soon realise how brilliant you feel once the AL is out of your system. I find meditation a huge help.
    AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

this has to end

hey martie!
      just wanted to say hi and give my support. i'm just ending day 6 and am also taking each day as it comes.
      it scares me, too, to think of the future. i want a life without alcohol, but have doubts--mostly because of past failures--as to whether or not i have the strength to do it.
      so taking just today and not worrying about tomorrow has been a life saver AND it's really working.

during part of the 3rd day i had to go to half hours. i made a little chart with boxes and checked them off as i went along. at some point the urge vanished.
      this site has been my best friend. i spend hours each day reading. the time flies!

Comment

Working...
      X