Seems as good a day as any...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 1st - why do i always think about quitting just before the 1st of a month.

I am a functional alcoholic and i want to just be functional . My name is Nuria . I am half Cataland /Half English and live in the beautiful city of Barcelona. I am married to an American who likes a drink as well, and is going to go 30 days with me to support. But it'd be good to have a place to shout out all the crazy as well...

I am sick of waking up for work every day wanting to scream about that 3rd or 4th glass of wine the night before, as well as the nightcap.

I want to be free from the shackles of alcohol before I hit the big 30 and i figure starting 30 days before my birthday is the way to do it

Day 1 and feeling good

Welcome - the first 13 days are really hard - you may want to spend time in the Newbie Nest. Whilr the Nest has a strong bias toward not moderating - it has the best suggestions to quitting for 30. You could always get the 3o day support at the nest and start pouring through the moderators sections for ideas/tips/tricks/and fails from others so you don't waste time on what may not work for you.

Welcome!!!!

Check the toolbox thread - think it's at the top of the monthly abstainer section but without a plan - 30 days is nearly impossible. Also - I am predjudiced - but without supplements (as frequent AL users are. Ery deficient is a number of key vitamins that will make quitting harder) you will suffer more than you need to. There are a bunch of nutrition threads - including one I started in this section.

Welcome
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hi Saysomethingnew,

Welcome! I just wanted to lend my support. This site is a wonderful resource, and posting here is very helpful to me.

Here is a thread called the toolbox that is full of good information: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Distraction is a great technique to help you get through the "witching hour." Coming on here when you have an urge to drink can be a great help too.
      Also, be kind to your body, stay hydrated, eat good food and get plenty of rest.
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

I can only echo what PF, and coney said.........very good information right there, Im sure others will be along to offer more advice/support.

Wishing you all the strength needed for you and yours to stop the drink.....

And here is your congratulations/welcome aboard star....lets see the otherd do THAT LOL

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1721770=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hello Saysomething! Welcome.

In my experience in the past year the mental attitude really helps. I'm on day 5 right now and it hasn't been hard at all because I'm celebrating that I'm sober. However there have been other times I have had to grit my teeth through each and every day I didn't drink. So, I really believe a mental attitude of celebration that you don't have to drink helps a lot!

Good luck on your journey!

Comment

SSN, just wanted to welcome you - I could have written your post. We are here for you -- as ML mentioned the Newbie's Nest is a good place for support. Best to you.:l

Comment

Hi there SSN -- this place is a blessing, with truly intelligent and kind people to support you. Just keep coming back, you will be held up with great help
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Welcome. Get engaged here in the process of sharing. I wish you all the best!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                X