I'm new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new...

Just got a script for campral. Hope it works. I'm scared. I'm doing stupid things after getting drunk and may lose my second marriage. I hate being an alcoholic. Yest. I told my boss I had an appt. and went to the closest bar and got bombed. Then went n got my hair cut and broke a glass in the shop. What is BAC??

I'm new...

Welcome Zannuity

Here is a link to the Bac info thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-50513.html

I think you should find some answers there.

also in the meds section there are all kinds of people with more experience that I with this stuff.

Good Luck! This is a great place.

Also check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

And the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great reading and cool, helpful people!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I'm new...

hi zannutiy... im so glad you have found us and are takoing steps to help yourself. its great that you have told your gp and have a script. i took campral for a while .... and i had a wonderful 3 months sober. this is a wonderful site, we are all here for the same reason and we all understand what you are going through. BAC is baclofen, a drug that some people here have found success with. if you go to the meds section on here you will find more info. other than that i suggest you read a lot here and post to let us know how you are.
      welcome to mw
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I'm new...

Hi Zannuity

I have just completed eight days on Campral and found the cravings have almost gone away. You still need to concentrate on not letting the voices in your head get the better of you, but the Campral has made things a lot easier. Good luck with it.

Comment

I'm new...

Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome. I feel better and have a teeeeny tiny bit of hope now.

Comment

I'm new...

Hey Zannuity

You sound like me-before I quit drinking. I did the same thing-lies to get out of the office,
            lies about why I'm not there. And breaking things? Oh yeah. I woke up once and my best guitar was nearly smashed. I had no recollection of even having it out. I cried.

This is a great place, and though I don't use any of the drugs I would if I found it necessary.Lots of people here know all about those things.

It is hard but you can do it. My only support is actually here at MWO but it seems to be enough. Something has changed for me;I really think it's mostly fear. I was spiraling WAY out of control and I knew ti was going to get worse. I was drinking and driving, which I would never do before. I'm terrified to drink, knowing that something really awful will probably happen.

I admire your honesty about your situation. It's nice to recognize and be willing to address
            an addiction.That's the huge first step.

Good luck and take care!

Comment

I'm new...

:welcome: Zannuity
              check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html there are great tips in there for getting started. This is a great community and the experience of the guys on here is emmense. I wish you much strength and "hope" your teeny bit of hope gets bigger each day.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

I'm new...

Welcome Zannuity !
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I'm new...

Welcome Zannuity!

I have been using Campral for about 2 weeks now. I think it is really helping with the cravings - but I also have doubled my mental resolve so I'm not sure which is working more. I've also heard that a lot of people here take L-Glut to curb the cravings.

:welcome:Good luck with your journey!

Comment

I'm new...

Hi Zannuity!

Welcome to MWO, this is a great place

Why don't you download a copy of the MWO book from the Health Store here on the site. It's a good place to get started & has info about all the different components of the program.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm new...

Zan, welcome! Lots of good advice already here. Read, read, read and post!

Comment

I'm new...

Hello and Welcome Zan,

I am from NC also
                        Raleigh area

Comment

I'm new...

:welcome: to the greatest place!

I'm not sure about the rx.... I used a ton of vitamins and l glutamine to help me in my recovery and swear by it!

stick with what works for you,

best wishes ...boh
                          http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

I'm new...

Hi and welcome Zannuity to a great community with lots of support and great advice,You will not be alone in this fight as we all are fighting the same battle,Keep posting and sharing your thoughts and feelings and remember don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm new...

:welcome: from me too Zan. Such lovely peeps here. My beautiful supportive virtual world - don't know now what I'd do without it at such a pivitol point in my life
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X