At the end of day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of day one

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but not new to trying to quit drinking. I'm getting off a 6 day bender and I'm now at the end of AF day 1. I felt pretty blah for most of today but I know that I will feel somewhat better tomorrow. I don't know why I feel like "this time" I am going to succeed with staying AF, but I am definitely determined and feel like I can do it. Perhaps it's because this time I have another goal besides just staying AF. I've been posting on 43things since May 13 and was able to stop drinking for 4 months. So I'm hoping with the help on that site and now this one, I will be able to stay sober.
    :thanks:
    "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
    Goal 1- 3 days al free
    Goal 2- 7 days al free
    Goal 3- 1 month al free
    Goal 4- 3 months al free

At the end of day one

CG, Welcome. Do you have an additional plan to help you stop drinking aside from websites? While I think they're a good adjunct, it takes more. Food, exercise, perhaps meditation, hypnosis, some people use herbal supplements, some anti-craving medications. Just throwing some stuff out there. The toolbox (link below) has additional things to help. Be sure to scroll through because everything gets buried.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Lots of water with lemon lessens cravings..........read, read, read and post.

Best to you!

Comment

At the end of day one

Thanks unwasted. Well no I don't really have any other tools. I eat really healthy and I ride my bike to work everyday, so that's my exercise. But I live in Beijing and my Mandarin isn't good enough to see a doctor or therapist. So I have to rely on these sites. I did stop drinking for 4 months, but then went back to Canada for my best friend's wedding and that's when I started drinking again. If I hadn't gone, I KNOW that I would still be sober now. So I'm sticking that in the "I've learned something about being an alcoholic" file and am going to refer to it when needed. Thanks again for the advice! I will look at the toolbox for sure!

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

At the end of day one

Nice job on day one, CG. It is one of the hardest days to get through IMHO. Def look up the toolbox, and keep reading, reading, reading, and posting here. Makes all the difference!
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

At the end of day one

Yes, most excellent decision you have made to stop using AL. I too tried many times before to no avail. And good job on the 4 months sober before, you did it before you can surely do it again.

As always, I concur with the previous posters.....stay well hydrated, visit here, read, post, just make yourself at home, no real rules around here, and you cant break anything.

Get a plan, learn what you can, redirect your attention to anything you can to avoid listening to your AL brain. Wishing you all the strength and wisdom needed to reach your goals.

Welcome aboard the crazy train........LOL
          Stay strong

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1725497=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

At the end of day one

Crazy train...love it. But I feel like I got off the crazy train when I kicked the AL out of my life.
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

At the end of day one

canadian gal;1222480 wrote: I eat really healthy and I ride my bike to work everyday, so that's my exercise. !
              This and the 6 day benders and you sound exactly like me.
              Best of luck to you CG, just try to remember how good I'm sure you felt after 4 months AF. Best I've managed is 6 weeks. The memory of how good even that felt is driving me on this time.

Comment

At the end of day one

Hello Canadian Gal,

Welcome and I hope you stick around. I know what you mean about a "time" being different. That happened to me too. I also had a longish stretch in the past (~ 6 months) a few years ago. I was disappointed that I started drinking again afterwards, but I never forgot how awesome it was to be free from alcohol for that long, so it wasn't a total loss. The dividends of keeping it out of our lives is huge.

This is a great, positive place to come for support.
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

At the end of day one

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am at the end of day 2 and feeling better. Did not sleep well last night and probably wont tonight. I've learned this from past experiences of attempting to quit. But I do feel better than yesterday and I know that I will feel even better tomorrow.

Pinecone- Thanks! I definitely will stick around. This is the only support I can get and I am not willing to give up.

Andrew- Isn't it so stupid that we eat great and exercise and then pour poison down our throats! I also can't wait to feel as good as I did in the summer! Good luck to you too!

Thanks again everyone!

AF- February 16, 2012
                  Goal 1- 3 days al free
                  Goal 2- 7 days al free
                  Goal 3- 1 month al free
                  Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Working...
                  X