Looking to meet someone for mutal support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone. New member here. Names Derrick. 22 years old. My story is a bit long but I am now on my 3rd day sober and from the past I know today is the day I'm going to start experiencing bad cravings and was wanting to find someone to help support me through this and I will do the same for you. Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ruin
    Sober as of 12/7/11
    Goals:
    7 days - Complete
    14 days - Complete
    21 days - Complete
    1 month - Complete
    2 months - Complete
    3 months - ALMOST!
    6 months - not yet

Hi Derrick, why don't you come on over to the Newbie's Nest and tell us more about yourself? You'll find LOTS of support there and most likely someone who is at the same point in their sobriety as you. :welcome:
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Derrick, welcome. Just wanted to mention that there is a new guy close to your age who has just started posting in the Newbie's Nest. Maybe the two of you could team up and lend each other support since you're starting out at around the same time.

I wish I had stopped drinking at your age. Think of it as a wake up call and opening the possibility to a much better life than you would have if you continued to poison your body!

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Well Done! Only 22 and already realizing what it took me 20 years and a trip to the I.C.U. to figure out.......you should be very proud!!

Ill give the quick basics: Come here, post, read, ask, lurk, do anything, just keep comming back. You will probably soon get connected to a group of people, that will become a "cyber support system"

Keep yourself very hydrated, and get on a vitamin schedule, might need a doctor for the advice on which ones.

When the urge to drink hits, quickly and quietly tell yourself simply I dont drink, and re direct your thinking and you actions to anything else you can. Its not a beat yourself up, Ill never ever drink again woe is me I dont drink. Its a I can win at this game if I can look at the small picture........15 minutes.........an hour........a day.......if you add up a few 15 minute time chunks you have a day........if you add up a few days or so, you have a week.....kinda like compound interest. You will be surprised just how fast the days add up

I wish you all the strength, wisdom, and support you need to reach your goals.......
        Heeeeeere's you're welcome aboard star

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1725793=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hey Derrick,

I'm at the end of my second day and 29 years old. But in all honesty, I think that we will all support you in times of need. Post often, read through the tool box, and try to support others. Never give up! Good for you for realizing so early that you wont want alcohol in your life! :goodjob: I wish I did this when I first realized I had a problem at 24 years old, but better late than never! Good luck!
          "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
          Goal 1- 3 days al free
          Goal 2- 7 days al free
          Goal 3- 1 month al free
          Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Thank you all the for the kind messages and support. I will head over to the newbies nest and start posting! :thanks:
            Sober as of 12/7/11
            Goals:
            7 days - Complete
            14 days - Complete
            21 days - Complete
            1 month - Complete
            2 months - Complete
            3 months - ALMOST!
            6 months - not yet

Comment

Working...
            X