Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help.

Hello. I really need help to stop drinking. Went to my works Christmas party last night can't remember getting home. Woke up on the sofa when my kids were getting themselves ready for school. My husband sent me an email saying that he couldn't sleep because he was worried I would die in the night I feel hungover. Scared and desperate. I drink daily not always to get drunk.

Need help.

Hi changemeforever,

Welcome! :welcome:

Check out the tool box: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I found a couple of concepts on here that were very enlightening:

Urge surfing and witching hour.

Distracting yourself during the witching hour can help you get through it. Or just come on here and read/post. I hope you stick around. This community has given me alot of support and it is a big help.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Need help.

Hi Changeme,

We have all been there. I agree with pinecone, look in the tool box and read the threads on here. You will get a lot of support. It's wonderful to be sober - I went to my first Christmas party sober this year and it was loads more fun than it has ever been in the past!

Good luck with your journey!

Comment

Need help.

cmf: Are you interested in abstinence or moderation? There are 2 forums here for those choices. I was a black-out, daily drinker. I drank for quite a while, & after several years, I wanted off that merry-go-round. I came here to MWO in '07 & began to really face my problem. I joined AA in '09 & have stayed sober since then. I know AA isn't for everyone, but it was the only thing that worked for me. Trty to get around this site & read what people have to say. You'll know what's right for you.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Need help.

Change Me, just wanted to welcome you. Read as much as you have time for, and post often. The Newbie's nest is a great place - and you've got a link to the Toolbox.

I hope for yours and your family's sake that you can go down a better path. Lots of support here if you choose.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Need help.

Hi Changemeforever

Glad to have you on board and hopefully we can all help you to get sorted out. I think all of us on here take a lot of strength from each other and also there seem to be a lot of success stories just lately. I have been AL free now for exactly 35 days having drank over two bottles of wine a night ( plus a few beers) for the last ten plus years. I thought it would be impossible for me to stop, but I managed it...quite easily with a little help from my new friwnds on here and also by having a plan.

The plan is in my opinion the key to it. You'll struggle to succeed without one but you have to have some direction in your life so make a plan of when you would like to stop and how you will go about it. We are all different in our outlook so consequently all all have a slightly different plan. In my case, I ordered a copy of Jason Vales book, Kick the Drink easily and carefully read it. From the book, I put my plan into action. After a few days without AL I went to my doctor and he prescribed Campral.

I am able to visit bars and have alcohol around me without any problems ( we are all different) I have no cravings now. The first few days were more difficult as the AL came out of my system. I know do not ever want to go back to drinking AL and the misery it brings in every case and I am carefully guarding myself to make sure this does not happen.

So, get the book ,get a plan and take it one day at a time. You may just surprise yourself. Good Luck !

Comment

Need help.

Hi ther Change,

That is a great name because it embodies what you are going through. People can change and I am a living breathing example of that. I have been sober for quite somw time now...I dont count the days anymore. Before this I was drinking myself to death and getting into trouble with the law. It can be done...it is not easy...but a drinking life is not easy is it? If you have a plan and stick to it
              you will succeed. That is not to say that you will get it right first time, but just keep trying again and again. I wish you all the best...Saff xx
              I am part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. - Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Need help.

Thank you all for your responses I feel much stronger and ready to face the world today. I do not have that off switch with alcohol, so dangerous. I have down loaded the kick the booze book and reading through it. I have to go into work on Monday and apologise to those who had to help me to the car! I'm the boss and should not have allowed them to see me like that. I guess though that they've seen me now at my worst life can only get better-right?? xx

Comment

Need help.

Change me, maybe now you'll go on to do wonderful things - hope this is an opportunity in disguise for you!

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Working...
                  X