Clear All

uploading photos

techie;1229522 wrote:
    Yes, that works for photobucket, I think FF has the pic in the desktop
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

uploading photos

Nelz & Techie - thanks for speedy response. Now I know I'm being a tad thick but I've found that little icon with the world thingy but it comes up with an internet link thing (think you call that a url??) but my photo is now saved to my desktop. Really sorry but do you know what I do now??
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

uploading photos

FreeFly;1229524 wrote: Nelz & Techie - thanks for speedy response. Now I know I'm being a tad thick but I've found that little icon with the world thingy but it comes up with an internet link thing (think you call that a url??) but my photo is now saved to my desktop. Really sorry but do you know what I do now??
        First, check your PM box.

Second, the internet link thing is the URL also called hyperlink.

You can use that, BUT the pic has to be uploaded into photobucket, that is one way to do it.

But you have it in the desktop, the URL link will not work.

When you type a reply, look at the grey area above the area you type......it goes fonts, sizes, color, smileys and the paper clip.....or attatchment

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

uploading photos

Hi Nelz,

Well thank you - I wasn't clicking "go advanced". I did and found the paperclip - thank you. HOWEVER, my pic is too big apparently so have to change it "manually". Oh dear, that's another story. I shall go try figure that out now. I'm getting there!

Comment

uploading photos

Oh dear, how do I do that now? Sorry!!!!

Comment

uploading photos

Sorry FF, but I am LMAO over this thread. But I can because I won't even attempt it I am that much of a dolt when it comes to this sort of thing. But it is fun watching. Keep trying, you'll get it. :H
              "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

uploading photos

MM - I felt the same watching Juja!! :H Left it a few days when I thought noone was looking to give it a go myself. The lovely Nelz has been giving me PM tutorial - and yes I'm still not there yet.

Your turn!!!!!

Comment

uploading photos

Ok, now we know the pic will work, I have to start the grill...........Ill come back in a bit and help with the rest Attached files [img]/converted_files/1734413=6558-attachment.jpg[/img]

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

uploading photos

Everyone,

The only way I could do it was to go through Photobucket, which was a pain in the ass. I had to right click (?) on the image, and choose IMG, and then paste it into the post. It took forever. Most important, once I put them on my desktop from Photobucket they were no longer available on Photobucket. I say go with Kodak, which was also a PIA.

I have to figure out how to save them to my desktop before I can follow Nelz's instructions.

I don't have the TIME OR PATIENCE to fool around with a computer all day. Plus, I'm old.:H

J
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

uploading photos

Nelz, bless you! My brain can't take anymore - I have to go to bed. Thanks for posting my pic - where I go to clear the beast out of my brain. Reckon I've sussed it out - delegation is what's called for! :H

Juja - what the hell is a PIA?? I give up, but I'm sure Nelz will help you with the desktop thingy :h

Night all :l

Comment

uploading photos

FreeFly;1229562 wrote: Juja - what the hell is a PIA?? I give up, but I'm sure Nelz will help you with the desktop thingy :h

Night all :l
                        PIA=Pain in Ass:H
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

uploading photos

Juja;1229777 wrote: PIA=Pain in Ass:H
                          Again, I bow to your expertise x

Comment

uploading photos

FreeFly;1230094 wrote: Again, I bow to your expertise x
                            That's the extent of my expertise! Acronyms for foul language.

I tried working with my pics again tonight: scan disc in laptop, locating them on the computer (F drive), but couldn't figure out how to sort and select, and put them in appropriate folders in the My Pictures folder I have on my desktop. What a dolt. God, I get so frustrated. Windows wants to do one thing with them, and HP wants me to do another. Arghh. :bang

Comment

uploading photos

Juja;1230105 wrote: That's the extent of my expertise! Acronyms for foul language.

I tried working with my pics again tonight: scan disc in laptop, locating them on the computer (F drive), but couldn't figure out how to sort and select, and put them in appropriate folders in the My Pictures folder I have on my desktop. What a dolt. God, I get so frustrated. Windows wants to do one thing with them, and HP wants me to do another. Arghh. :bang
                              Way ahead of me Juja - I really am a spanner when it comes to computers. Least you know your drives, your HP and your PIAs. I've now got to get to grips with my pixels! :huh:

Comment

Working...
                              X