MIA is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIA is back

Need a friend it is 11.00 in the morning and yep im drunk I had a drink to cure a hangover and can not stop it is misberable weather here raining dark feels like it is night time. having a sick day of work x

MIA is back

Hey Mia,

You gotta put the bottle down. Cause if you keep drinking today, you know what is going to happen. You'll continue to drink, feel like shit tomorrow, have a hair of the dog and the vicious cycle will begin all over again. You gotta start somewhere, so why not sooner rather than later. You are strong and you can do this!
    "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
    Goal 1- 3 days al free
    Goal 2- 7 days al free
    Goal 3- 1 month al free
    Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

MIA is back

Dump the al down the drain. Start drinking some water instead of the al. Make yourself a good lunch (or order in), eat, then take a nap. You'll probably feel like shit when you wake up, but you just gotta push through it.
      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

MIA is back

Hello Mia, gotta stop sometime , I know its been said many times many times... I like to post my story to anyone who is new just reading , I was up to drinking a gallon of rum a day, sometimes starting as early as 6 am, yes the cycle continues, those 2 big gulps made all the pain go away at 6 am.. but then the next day and so forth, until i had to get up and do something and sober up, then came the horibble horrible shakes, headache, dry heaving. no appetite, shaking just walking.... If you need someone to talk to I am here, I am new to this board, I have made great friends and support is good..

Comment

MIA is back

Hi Mia,

Sorry to hear you are not in a good place.
          I had a slip myself, hope you get back on track soon.
          No time like the present.

Take care

Damo in Dublin
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

MIA is back

Always wondering where you got to mia,Sorry your in a bad place hopefully you if you really want to you can get back on track,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

MIA is back

Mia, I remember your posts from way back when - I used to read without posting. You were so much happier then. Drinking is a dead end street, and we all know that - it has nothing but pain to offer and the short-term perceived fix is an illusion.

Dig deep and bring back that determined, happy girl. Go back and read your old posts. You know everyone here is pulling for you to make your life good again.

Let us know what happened and how you'll change things this time. Like Damo, I had to slip in order to be stronger - not going to go there again because I've learned finally.

Sending you peace and strength.:l

Comment

MIA is back

Hi Mia
                Hope you are having a good sleep now. Been where you are right now, and lots of water whenever you wake up will help lots.
                Get rid of whatever booze is left (if any, I generally found there was not much to pour out at times like this). Get some food into you and have a lovely long warm bath or shower. Get yourself dressed and have a good tidy up. Put no expectations on yourself except to get better.
                I hope the rest of your weekend goes better. Keep posting and let us know how things are going.
                Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                November 2, 2012

Comment

MIA is back

Hi Mia, I hope when you wake up this morning, you will be determined to get to that wonderful, inspirational place you achieved. What I have learned on my journey is that every time I crash, I get closer to my goal the next time. I have gotten so strong by reading YOUR posts. No matter if and when you succumb to a drink, always know that the place you got to and the eloquence with which you described it was the catalyst for many of us to reach varying degrees of success in our battle with alcohol.

We missed you, Mia. Glad you are back and wish you nothing but the best.

Tips xoxo
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

MIA is back

Hi Mia

I am sorry to hear that the urge to have a drink was so great and hope that you can get yourself back on track soon. Personally I think you need to sit for a few minutes and ponder about whether or not you want to be AF or to continue as you are. Of course we both know the answer to that but I think if you get it straight in your head and start to work a plan then you'll soon be back on track again. We all know how powerful this drug is and how easy it is to slip up. That is what has happened to you and you are no different from many others who have been in the same situation. That little monster in your head is very persuasive and no doubt he got to you this time. However I hope you can find a way to put your bottle down and work that plan out. The best Christmas present for me would be if you came on this thread tomorrow night and told us all that you had kicked it again !

Comment

MIA is back

Hi Mia,

It's great to see you back but I'm sorry you were doing it tough when you first posted. I hope things are a little brighter for you now. I joined MWO in Feb and your daily posts around then were full of courage and determination and I found them inspiring. I recall you sounded a bit disillusioned in later posts - like sober living wasn't all you'd expected or hoped for. I did about 2 1/2 months AL free and then started to feel like that. With hindsight I realise I had a plan for stopping drinking which worked OK, but I didn't have a plan for living sober and I drifted back into drinking again although not as much as before. I started on Baclofen about a month ago and it's not a magic bullet but it's way the best treatment above relying on willpower that I've found. I will post the whole journey when the silly season is over.

Are you ready to get back on the horse? A saying I heard goes something like "the secret to success is - if you fall down 3 times then get up 4". I look forward to the journey with you in 2012!

Cheers

Croc

Comment

MIA is back

I'm not sure about the maths on that last reply but I hope you get the drift

Comment

MIA is back

Mia, this is from a post you made a while ago. You always gave me such inspiration with your daily postings. Please hang in there.

Day 8 AL Free. I feel so happy and proud of myself.
                          And I know I will make tomorrow and next day and the next and so on. Because I do not drink AL anymore. No Thank you. I will stick to my lemon bitters from now on.

Off to work I go today without being hungover. I work in the health care profession so I should set an example not that anyone knew, well as far as I know. But at least I know I am sober today and thats all that counts in my life.

Someone join me today being AL Free Please!! Its nice to do things with friends.

Comment

MIA is back

Mia, please come back and tell us you're ok. We are all thinking about you. I, among many, have been truly inspired by many of your posts. You were there!! I have found it takes many tries to make the small steps to the control over alcohol we desire. You are so CLOSE to being there. Come back and make this time an even stronger success. Baby steps.
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

MIA is back

Hey Mia....hope you are ok...come back and let us know xx
                              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Working...
                              X