No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

My name's mick, and I've just signed up. I'm 43 and live in London. I've been an alcoholic since I was 22, and have only had sober periods since 2004. I'm also an addict, to prescription drugs in the past ten years. Mainly opiates, but also baclofen. I take bac in doses of 120 - 140mg per day (all at once!), for the euphoric high that it gives. However after a few days, tolerance builds, so I stop for a week, and then start again.

I'm hoping to be able to stick to the prescribed 60mg dose, along with pregabalin and my anti depressants (mirtazapine and venlafaxine), though I am sick and tired of all these meds, and want to get clean.

I don't drink as much as I used to, and as I'm off work with ptsd and chronic anxiety, but also awaiting gallbladder removal, I'm skint, so can't afford it.

Main problem I have is anxiety at work. When I'm not working, and doped to the eyeballs to be around people, I don't suffer from it.

well, I think that's enough for now.

all the best

mick

Mick, welcome!

I just wanted to post a link to the meds thread for you. Lots of people there to help with advice and experience.

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Sending you peace and strength!

Comment

Hi Mick,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
      I started by downloading the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It explains all the different components of the program.

Here's a link to our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is filled with great ideas to help you make a good working plan.

You have a lot going on right now. I hope you have access to some medical help. Your decision to quit drinking & using is a good one but you want to be safe.
      Please feel free to join us in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Mic:

How interesting . . . never heard of anyone using baclofen to get high! I accidentally doubled my dose on day - it was horrible!!

I, and many of us in the "meds" section here at MWO, have used it to relieve the anxiety that creates the craving for drink. And many of us have successfully quit drinking, or become "normal" drinkers by using it in a systematic protocol described in a book by Dr. Olivier Ameisen, "Heal Thyself." The book is easily accessible, and describes his journey into quite high doses of bacofen which eventually made him, and many of us, "indifferent" to alcohol.

Please read as many of the stories about using baclofen in that way as possible. I don't think it would be an issue that you have used it in other ways. Dr. Ameisen himself reduced the amount he had been taking for some time, starting again at low dosages and systematically moving up to his "switch" point of 270 mg.

Since you obviously have access to baclofen, you may be already be holding your way out. But, as you'll read, it's not necessarily easy for everyone. Some people experience debilitating side effects, although most people find ways to manage them. So order the book, read, read, read the board and post away. You'll find tons of information and support. Good luck!!
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
        X