My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post

I am just starting the entire program. As I need to progress slowly on the Topirimate as I have had some really bad side effects ( it triggered my IBS, Irritable bowel syndrome), really bad cramps, diarhea, etc. I am getting past it, determined to make this work, and it is proving very helpful regarding alcohol. I am up to 100 mg the past 3 days, but that dose hast taken me nearly a month to get to. My question is in regard to the exciting OTHER side affect.... weight loss. Although the alcohol is my primary goal, I can't say that losing some weight is not exciting. I am technically 20lbs overweight, but boy, 25 lbs would make me a very, very happy lady at age 53. I can't control gravity, but the extra padding would be nice to lose. So far, not a single pound. Not even an ounce. When in the process, or at what dosage of topirmate would most of you success stories say you started to see results with weight loss? Please give me some hope! Thanks!

My first post

Welcome MyBestEver. I can't help with the weight loss question. I am built like a planet and when I quite drinking I didn't lose an ounce.
    But I did lose the hangovers and guilt and furry tongue and all the other stuff.
    Best of luck and I hope someone can give you better information.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

My first post

Hi MyBestEver!
      Welcome to MWO, glad to have you! I can't give much advice on the weight loss either, I didn't automatically lose anything once I quit drinking. The only thing that worked for me was good old fashioned excercise, and I haven't done that in a while. I'm hoping to change that soon.
      Stick around and keep posting, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
      X