• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW YEAR'S EVE AF THREAD FOR NEWBIES

Windy, how about "29 Ways to Leave Your Lover"? LOL :H:H

Comment

Unwasted, I love....love it!! My first laugh of the day. Thank you very much.

1. Slip out the back jack.
      2. Have a new plan stan....

3 ....???

Comment

3. Try a new chord boy
        4. Get yourself clean
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hop on the bus Gus
          You don't need to discuss much

Just drop off the key Lee
          And get yourself free

Comment

This is great! I'm AF as well. I have sparkling cider to share with the kids. I don't want them growing up thinking they need to get s**tfaced to celebrate and have a good time. And I really don't want to wake up with a headache and feeling sluggish in the morning! To a happy, safe and AF New Year's Eve, everyone!!
            Living life to the fullest.

Comment

LMAO maybe we should just do the writing, and leave the singing to the pros.

you dont need a decoy roy
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Wow, how did I miss that whole section! Great, thanks now it's stuck in my head
                Living life to the fullest.

Comment

Evening all an af night here can't the last one lol. Its just another evening. I'm just a having quiet evening at home watching tv and posting here.

Comment

Even though I am not a newbie, I will jump in and enjoy New Years Eve and day af and proud of it!
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Great idea unwasted!

For anyone who is just starting out, and feeling a bit nervous or fearful - there is nothing to regret about about being sober.

Like Lav says - push the positive thinking button, even if you have to fake it for a while!! For me, an essential part of getting clean has been stopping thinking about the things that I might miss, and focussing on what I will gain.
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Joining in and hoping this means the end of a really tough 2011 and the start of an incredible 2012 - we all deserve it.
                        With gratitude to MWO and all my new friends here!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

LMAO maybe we should just do the writing, and leave the singing to the pro

you dont need a decoy roy
                          OK Nelz, this is a crack up.:H:H It's:

"No need to be coy Roy" LMFAO! This really gave me a chuckle - you're right we'd better leave the singing to someone else.

Comment

:band2:I thought so, but I get song lyrics wrong so much, Nelz's way could have been right for all I know. Soooo.....Listen to me and just set yourself free!

Okay, I'am done (promise):l. Have a wonderful evening all.

Comment

For anyone who is just starting out, and feeling a bit nervous or fearful - there is nothing to regret about about being sober.
                              More wise words above , i have regretted many , many days been drunk and hung over but never once have i regretted a day sober, it really is living life.
                              I know this can be a hard night to stay sober but it is so worth it, stay focused, positive and sober .
                              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Well, I got over the first big hurdle of the day. I had a massive argument going on in my head saying that it's New Year's Eve, that everyone drinks on New Year's, and that it would make more sense to start tromorrow. I finally talked myself out of it by realizing that I was trying to rationalize opening up a bottle of wine at noon. That's got nothing at all to do with New Year's, it was just an excuse. So the thoughts and cravings are beaten back for the moment. I hope everyone else is holding up.
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X