• Show
Clear All

NEW YEAR'S EVE AF THREAD FOR NEWBIES

Proud of you, Irie. :goodjob:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm proud of you too, Irie. I think not drinking today/tonight is a good indicator that you're serious about your commitment.:goodjob:

Comment

Thanks, guys. I AM serious about this.
        ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
        -----------------------------------
        Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Quick check in here...love this thread.

Irie, way to go. I am hangin' in too, and keeping the thought in my mind that I am not drinking tonight. My brother may be on his way from England (he always likes to surprise us)...and I hope he is coming, as he can drink with my husband.

..."I think I feel a sinus headache coming on"...that is my plan. I so do want to start 2012 much differently than previous years. I may not even stay awake till midnight.

In the grocery store this afternoon, there were a number of stations giving out free samples of champagne. It looked like there were cases of champagne everywhere, and saw one bottle broken on the floor. Did not even look the least bit appealing to me, as waking up hangover free tomorrow.

Hang in everybody...Happy Sober New Year!
          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Great to see positive attitudes here! what is it K9 says? "You never regret not having a hangover"
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I never regretted a day sober. And this year lets prove that New Year Eve/Day is not an excuse to drink and that it isn't a holiday where everyone drinks.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

ChillGirl - just noticed your signature line - you are almost a year AF! How cool is that! Early Congratulations!!!!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

............and you are in Scotland, so only 3 mins early! Real Congratulations!!!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hey All

Not a great day so far-AF for sure but a few annoying things. The fatigue I am feeling seems to be related to irritability and I'm thinking Nelz's post about hypoglycemia may be just the thing.
                    SO...I zoned out at a stop sign and hit the big truck in front of me. Then I tried to cook (not my best area ) and cut my finger, blood everywhere , then dropped a bunch of chopped broccoli on the floor.
                    But hey- it could be a lot worse. I'm home safe and sober. So I'm grateful.

Parties in my building, young dressed up people carrying beverages for the evening. Here's wixhing them a safe NYE!

Comment

Ann, hope you are OK now - geez!!!
                      Take it easy the rest of the evening.........
                      Glad to see you at the party
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

If we can do NYE (and all the other holidays both minor and major) and our birthday af, we can do any day sober. Just remind yourselves that yes you can do it when the cravings hit. We all have it in us to remain sober.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ann, ok, well you're just leaving the shitty stuff in 2011 - onward now to a better 2012!:l

Thanks to everyone for posting here - it's so comforting to log in when you're feeling punky to find this kind of support.

:h:h

Off to dreamland for me - only 9:45 - I have no desire to stay up later. See everyone next year.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Sober! This has been the best New Year's Eve I have ever had. I spent all day with my family and we had a quiet dinner out and then reng in the New Year with pots and pans and ice cream.
                            Tomorrow morning I can wake up untainted. I like that a whole lot.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

It's wonderful to feel so wonderful isn't it?
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

29 ways to Love your Liver....
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X