Back again after 11 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year at this time I gave up alcohol for 30 days with the idea of moderating after the 30 day period........ Now, 11 months later I am back on this website and drinking more now than ever. So much for moderating.

I am tired of waking up dehydrated with my morning hangover. I now have to put drops in my eyes because they are so dry from dehydration...... This I have never had to do before.

I am almost finished day one and feel really optimistic about the future. Soda and lime has never tasted so good !!

It feels good to be back on this site where the support is amazing.
    I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

WineBGone, welcome back. Lots of support in the Newbie's Nest if you want to join in there. Don't forget the Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence.

I like you and most of the other people here tried moderating. I was actually pretty successful at it but being sober is light years better.

Sending you peace and strength.:l:l:welcome:

Comment

Welcome Back
      I can't moderate either. Glad to see you are still fighting the good fight. Day 2 will be awesome.
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

:welcome: back WBG
        Fantastic that you now realize modding isn't an option and can see AL for the devious controlling destroyer that it is. Feeling rehydrated and un-bloated were wonderful experiences for me, you forget what "normal" feels like. Stay vigilant for the usual drinking time triggers and keep coming here to post your progress.

Wishing you much strength.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi winebgone and welcome back, I too have been drinking more than ever and not been on the site for ages, I am starting afresh today I feel like death but determined to beat this habit this time, hope to keep in touch with you and be of support to you
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

No more wine for me either WineBGone - enough is enough. Day 2 here and feeling sooo much better already. I will NOT crack this time. Like DG said somewhere else, I just won't have that first drink. Easy!!
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi, WineBGone.

I hadn't even tried to moderate in several years. Could not do it. Drinking escalated until I could go no further. I take it one day at a time now, and come to this site every day for support and encouragement!
              I know you can do it!

TDN:welcome:
              "One day at a time."

Comment

sounds like a similar theme going on here. stopped drinking for a while, tried moderating, drinking escalated again. back here to try again. yes im on the same train here. and i am determined this will be my time to crack this evil addiction.
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hello WineB,

I remember you from last year - I was amazed at your ability to stop drinking wine with a wine cellar around your house or something like that if I'm remembering correctly! Anyway, good job on coming back. I have moderated and quit several times in the last year - the moderating was really just torture and I always felt better quitting. Why I had to keep hitting myself over the head with the moderation thing I will never really understand - but this year my plan is to stick with just quitting.

Sending you peace and strength to help you with your journey!

Comment

Hi mylife,

Great memory . I drank all the wine that was in the basement and now I have a whole bunch of new wine in the basement. I think this year I will give it all away. Clearly keeping it around didn't work.
                    I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Welcome Back WineBGone - there are heaps of us here who can't moderate - I know I can't. Get the wine out of your basement because it is too tempting during stressful times - If it's not there you can't grab it - it only takes a second to ruin all the good work you have done.
                      It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Morning all, seems like there are a few of us on here in the same place, hope you are all doing ok, I managed day one and feeling optimistic that I can do this this time !! Thanks for your message winebgone
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Best of luck to everyone, who are back after a slip.
                          Hope you continue in trying to beat this.

All the best
                          Damo in Dublin
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

It's all ODAT.

So glad to have found this place. :-)
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yeah, me too with a cellar full of wine! I wish it was vintage but it's just some old plonk that DH makes up at the local cheapie place. If I had my druthers I'd drink nice French wines....that is if I was drinking!! Day three done for me!!! I've had a terrible cranky day though and I guess the honeymoon is OVER! I have felt very good and virtuous not drinking and thought this would be so easy....but everything has bothered me today and I have been very impatient and felt like chewing nails....but I'm so glad to see so many wonderful people here tonight going through the same thing as me....support here is great eh? WineBGone good for you that you're BACK!
                              Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                              (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
                              X