Back again after 11 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the encouragement. I was on a 4 hour flight to Toronto today and sat beside a woman that had 4 vodkas during the flight. I thought it was going to be torture...... I was so proud of myself as I was able to keep focussed and not order a drink. The trouble with being on an airplane is that if the person beside you drinks, you can't get up and move.

Anyway... I am in my hotel room (and not in the lounge) and finishing day 3 AF.

Have a good night everyone !!!!!!
    I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Well done winebgone, that is really inspiring, I hate flying so much that would have been a major struggle for me :goodjob: are you away on business?
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Winebegone - that is fantastic. :goodjob:

Comment

Hi WBG. We lived in Calgary for 25 years, in a condo in Eau Claire, before coming back east - I sure miss it. Good for you on the flight! But, you know, just think how that poor woman felt when she got off the plane! Bet you felt a heck of a lot better!!!
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

You got that right MWO Lady. I was on a Red Eye flight back from Vancouver with my alcoholic Mom last summer when I was being a good Pinkster and abstaining and she ordered beer after beer, took a sleeping pill and I had to literally carry her off the plane. It was a fantastically awful way to look into my future without having to actually live it. During the trip she fell while drinking and now, six months later, she is still in agony from that fall. She's 82 and still drinking like a fish.

Homemade Wine in my cottage too. It's not too torturous right now as hubby is abstaining but when he is over his little break and starts having wine with dinner, I will be surfing this site like crazy to try to stay strong. I hope we both take January off at least. For me it's a crucial start to my plan and for him, it's a well needed break.

Day three here and so far so good.
            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Welcome back begone. I took a 4 mos. sabbatical and could not be more pleased to be back. I don't know why drinking always seems like such a good idea and never ends up that way. Congrats on the AF flight also.

Comment

Day 7 AF ....... Today is difficult.. I am hanging on by my fingernails. Only 4 more hours until bedtime. I know I can make it.

AF since Oct 23,2013

Comment

congtratulations on Day 7, that is wonderful news hang on there
                  You could always go to bed early
                  Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                  If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                  November 2, 2012

Comment

WineBGone;1241190 wrote: Day 7 AF ....... Today is difficult.. I am hanging on by my fingernails. Only 4 more hours until bedtime. I know I can make it.
                    Distract yourself! Read a book, watch a movie, play a game, whatever! You can do it.

Comment

flyaway

day 2 for me is done

Comment

Hiya all

Well I am also back after the holiday period where I did drink... And like loads here.. it escalated somewhat so I'm all in again.
                        Hi Wine, I also remember you had a wine cellar!

Anyway posting positive thoughts and good vibes for today

Take Care
                        Patrice

Comment

I am now into day 9 AF..... And I feel better than I have felt in a long, long time.

I am sleeping well, I am much happier and easier to get along with (at least my wife says so)..... And I have a lot more energy.

I work from home and I used to have 2 naps a day. Now I am feeling energized and getting a lot more done. I still have my trigger times between 5:00 - 7:00 pm and social occasions, but I am facing these times with a new sense of energy and a positive attitude !!!

My next goal is 14 days !!!

I hope everyone is having a great day

AF since Oct 23,2013

Comment

Hey Wine

That is great to hear-9 days! It is amazing isn't it?
                            It's so nice to be able ro read and write here where people KNOW exactly what you're talking about.

Wishing you well; each day will be better than the one before

Comment

18 days and I am still AF !!!!!!! Yaaa

I have drank so much soda and lime in 18 days... I think I am getting addicted to it :H

Somehow I think it will be an easier habit to break. I hope everyone is doing well. being sober is... AWESOME !!!

AF since Oct 23,2013

Comment

Hey WineBGone!! I lived in good old Calgary for 25 years before we moved back to Ontario. I sure miss it!!! I'm on Day 18 also and feeling pretty good these days. So glad to hear you're on track and feeling good. You sound very positive. Good luck with your sobriety.
                                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
                                X