Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

Hi folks, apologies for my absence I am ashamed to admit to only one AF day since my last visit, I am starting over again today and hoping to make it for good this time I really want to do this...
    Taking it ODAT

Hello everyone

Hi Dodo - welcome back from me. Day 2 for me and flippin determined this time. Already feeling like a different person. It's really really windy here - blowing out all the cobwebs! Stay strong - we CAN do this
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hello everyone

thanks freefly, wishing you every success being AF too x
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Do do - I'm with you too.

Had planned to give up the booze for New Year - but only managed one day. Too many half empty bottles left in the house from Christmas. I need to not drink too - my liver actually aches!

Good luck and here's to will power for us all!
        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Hello everyone

hi mauritius,freefly & snapdragon.
          I am with you. For the rest of Jan, I will try AF!!!!

Comment

Hello everyone

I feel so sick and lethargic today, I have started a weight loss plan as well as quitting the AL cos I have put on ten pounds since my summer holiday in September and I am now two stone too heavy!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Guys

I just wanted to wish you all the very best in your AF journey.

Dodo - A lot of the extra weight may be bloating from AL, I was a puffy balloon until I quit.

Snap - any left overs pour them down the sink! NOW! I too had an aching liver and high liver count. I did a test again 6 weeks after quiting and it was back to normal.

Freefly - Glad you are feeling determined, anchor that feeling and remember it when the going gets tough.

Beagle - Take that word "try" right out of your vocabulary and replace it with "do".
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Hello everyone

Just want to say "hi" and add my encouragement to Chill's. I know how much support I get from everyone here, and it has helped keep me AF. Keep posting!

Happy New Year!

TDN:welcome:
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Hello everyone

hi dodo. im back here too with determination.... and im also going for some weight loss.... im turning into a real porker....... lets do it this time... ill be keeping an eye on you. all strength to you
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hello everyone

Thanks everyone, I feel absolutely crap today, nauseous, tired, headachey, depressed you name it, I am so looking forward to waking up unhungovered tomorrow! I have just been and bought some herbal stress relief capsules so hoping they will help me to feel better too.
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Maur.... I remember your posts from this time last year. Let's put the past behind us and focus one hour..... One day at a time. I know you can do this !!!!!!
                      I would rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in-front-of-me.

AF since Oct 23,2013

I watched this and found it incredibly empowering.....
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Mauri,
                        So good to see you back! You can do this, and we are here to help. Hang in there today. I know the sick feeling all too well. Just think how much better you will feel tomorrow. Stick close to the site and let us help you.
                        :h
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Mauri, I remember you from way back when. I tied one on last night although I guess I must have drank enough water in between the wine as I have no hangover but I am so sick of my failures to meet any goal I have set for myself.

So I will be following along and will post here when I start accumulating a few A/F days in a row.

All the best to you and I hope your health takes a major upswing in the next few weeks. I have ten pounds of lard to rid myself of as well. My aim is to be ten pounds lighter when we drive to Florida for a month in April. Hubby bought me a very small Montreal Canadians bathing bikini which I would love to wear down south to start conversations and show off my tan. Don't want to wear that with my muffin top.

There is absolutely no reason to drink and a million reasons not to.
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hello everyone

Hang in there

To everyone coming back and trying again-YAY! Welcome back and stay strong.

This forum has really given me hope and strength, I think mostly because of the nonjudgemental
                            atmosphere. I tried a site once for help and support where I was demeaned and ridiculed.
                            It was the opposite of what I needed.

AF 2012!

Comment

Hello everyone

Hi Mauri,
                              Welcome back to you & everyone else returning & restarting!

I hope each one of you come back with a real commitment & plan for success

You all can do this!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X