3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 days

:new:Hello everyone..new and nervous..I have 3 days today feeling nervous,yet hopeful.
    Started reading the Big Book 1st 164 pages that is what was recommended. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

3 days

CONGRATULTIONS
    Well done on 3 days:banana:
    Can't comment on the big book, but the first three days can be really hard.:goodjob:
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

3 days

Wow three days is fantastic. Today is day two for me. Tonight at dinner I found myself looking over at the spot my wine glass used to be!! And it wasn't there anymore...and I didn't miss it.

What's in your Tool Box? Do you have My Way Out the book? You don't have to follow it, of course, but one of the recommendations is that you get a plan, and maybe some supplements and vitamins - and some strategies - that would be your "tool box." Welcome and keep posting - lost of great support here!
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

3 days

Good job on 3 days! It gets easier. I could not get through the Big Book but that's just me.
        AA works for a lot of people and that's a good thing. It's not the only game in town so to speak.
        I think that it hindered me for a long time-the thinking that if I was serious I would be going to AA.
        I did not care for it for various reasons, then felt guilty about that as well as everything else.

For nonjudgemental support this is the best place I've seen. Lots of different ways to get to an AF life. Basically one day at a time. Stick around and post; there are lively helpful discussions here.

Stay strong!

Comment

3 days

Hi htide,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place

Congrats on your decision & 3 AF days, great!!!!
          When I first arrived I was advised to download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It has a lot of good info for you. I was also directed to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of good ideas to help you make your personal plan.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread here in the Just Starting Out section for more support

Wishing you the very best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

3 days

Hi Htide,

Don't be nervous about posting here! We all have so much in common we might be related. You are off to a strong start. The newbies nest is a great thread to go to to find support.
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

3 days

Welcome H Tide:welcome:

Well done on already chalking up 3 days - that's a great start. Read all you have time for, and post as much as you can!

Comment

3 days

Welcome to this is a wonderful place!

Great job on the AF days so far, keep it up...

As for suggestions, I'm a huge believer in vitamines, supplements, and exercise!
                http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

3 days

Welcome, Htide!

Congatulations on three days! Wonderful. Those are usually the hardest, so you may be over the worst of it and can now focus on your recovery.
                  I had read the BB at AA meetings in the past, but it wasn't until rehab last month when we had who I consider an "expert" take us through the book, that I really felt like I was understanding it all. Now I enjoy reading all of it, and also read some other AA things.
                  I too believe that vitamins and supplements and little or no sugar in the diet can help. Have you read Seven Weeks To Sobriety? I have all the supplements, but found it hard to fit them all in, so now just get in what I can. There is a list on this site, too.
                  I do go to AA daily, and it has been a real help.
                  And this forum is wonderful! I now spend a lot of time here.

Hope to see you here often!

TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

3 days

Thank-You...What Kinds of Vitamins?

Comment

3 days

htide,
                      Get the MWO book I mentioned earlier.
                      It has information about all the supplements.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X