5 days..I'm amazed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 days..I'm amazed

today is 5 days AF and it has just been a really uneventful yet calm and peaceful day. I am so glad I found this site. I'm gonna keep takin this moment to moment not sure I'm ready for one day at a time yet..THERE IS HOPE

5 days..I'm amazed

Hey Htide

Good job on day 5! I say just take it minute by minute if you have to. You've come a long way in getting the toxins out of your system.
    There is really no benefit in drinking, for me anyway. But the consequesnces are always terrible!
    Keep it up and I'll bet you'll be glad you did!

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Congratulations on the five days af! Take it 1 minute,1 second at a time if you need to. Your showing proof that ODAAT is working. It has worked for me and for others. YOU CAN DO IT! Here to another 5 days AF!
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

You are ahead of many of us including me. You can do this and so can I. Stay close to here. The camaraderie and encouragement that abounds on this site is simply amazing. All the best.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Congratulations htide!!! I actually am right there w/you and I feel so much better than I did just yesterday. Just try and remember how good you feel right now and then whenever you feel like it might be o.k. to take a little taste think of how great you felt today. Remember where AL will lead you. Enjoy the feeling. Hope is a wonderful thing. Best to you &
          :goodjob:

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Well done on day 5!

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

:goodjob: on day 5 Htide, I am one day behind you but feeling the benefits also, keep up the good work!
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Awh fabby - :goodjob: :wd:
                I'm on day 8 and taking 1 day at a time....and in the evening - when it's witching hour - it's one minute at a time....
                I'm putting together a plan to stay away from the wine....right now, my poor dog has no legs left on his poor body - he's getting walked every hour in the evening...though he's happy and I'm well in need of the excercise....(being 4 stone over weight).

Lets keep going and we'll all take this journey together....

xxxx
                Last Drink: 29/12/2011

Goals:

AF: 7 days :thumbs:
                AF: 14 days
                AF: 30 days

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

htide;1239587 wrote: today is 5 days AF and it has just been a really uneventful yet calm and peaceful day. I am so glad I found this site. I'm gonna keep takin this moment to moment not sure I'm ready for one day at a time yet..THERE IS HOPE
                  Yes.............yes there is!
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

SHELLYT;1239732 wrote: Awh fabby - :goodjob: :wd:
                    I'm on day 8 and taking 1 day at a time....and in the evening - when it's witching hour - it's one minute at a time....
                    I'm putting together a plan to stay away from the wine....right now, my poor dog has no legs left on his poor body - he's getting walked every hour in the evening...though he's happy and I'm well in need of the excercise....(being 4 stone over weight).

Lets keep going and we'll all take this journey together....

xxxx
                    I wish i had a dog!
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

HTide, I'm very happy for you! Nicely done! Calm and peaceful is a great way to feel.
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

@ mauritiusdodo - you'd be welcome to borrow mine anytime.... xxxx
                        Last Drink: 29/12/2011

Goals:

AF: 7 days :thumbs:
                        AF: 14 days
                        AF: 30 days

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Tipplerette;1239605 wrote: You are ahead of many of us including me. You can do this and so can I. Stay close to here. The camaraderie and encouragement that abounds on this site is simply amazing. All the best.
                          that gawd for you!

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

Htide,

A big congratulations on day 5! In my opinion, you've got the hardest part behind you...so when a craving hits, remind yourself how far you've come and tell yourself that you don't want to go through those first couple of days again.

For me, the best part of being sober is having no anxiety and no shame or embarrassment. I can now wake up in the morning and know exactly what happened the night before. Alcohol made me a monster and I don't want to be like that anymore. Maybe you can think of all the negatives that alcohol caused you and it will help you stay strong too.

Keep up the great work and stick close to the site. Let us know how you're progressing!
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

5 days..I'm amazed

htide -- THERE IS HOPE. I love that word. H O P E. Most powerful 4 letter word ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X